Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a retired friend who gets more fishing time in than me. He kept telling me last summer that he was seeing cobia, twice out in the ocean near DB buoy and once in the Del. Bay. I had a hard time believing this cause I've never seen any in the Del. Bay.

I took him flounder fishing on my boat in mid-August this year and we went to the Bowers Beach reef site #4. During the middle of the day we saw this large brown fish cruise by the boat. We both saw it clearly and it was no doubt a cobia of 35-40 lbs. It was absolutely not a shark. I scrambled for a rod but had no lures rigged and ready. It was gone within 15 seconds!

Was this a freak? Did any one else see cobia in the Del. Bay this year? If anyone did, lets hear about it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Six years ago , I caught 2 cobia at cross ledge light. They were both about 24". I didnt know what they were so I took them to a bait store and the owner wrote me up for a citation for unsual catch in DE bay. I never did send in the citation thou.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Although not "common" in the DE Bay, I usually hear of a few every summer caught there. Last year in OCMD bay someone landed a big one while flounder fishing, the local tackle stores had never heard of one in OCMD's bay before. Not too uncommon to find them offshore of IRI or OCMD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.