Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday, I drove over to Rudee after lunch. Put two baits out right outside of the inlet and immediately both rods went down. Landed both, two large jack crevalle. There were some cobia caught and a king and anyone who wanted them, loaded up on Spanish mackerel.

Sunday, I went chumming for cobia with Charles Southall. Cobia fishing was very good. Very close to us was Wes Blow and Congressman Rob Wittman. They had the exact same day we did. Between the two boats, we caught and released 20 cobia to 53 inches long, tagging and collecting DNA samples. One of their cobia already had a tag in it. It turns out that that cobia was tagged last summer by Capt. Jorj Head.

Yesterday, I went over to Rudee to do a bit of work on the boat. Afterwards, I did a little trolling along the beach. I caught a really fat red drum and a ribbon fish. The guys in the bay were doing really well on the cobia, both chumming and sight fishing, and the boats near me were catching some nice Spanish mackerel.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Friday, I trolled 10-2 Cape Charles area to CBBT, didn't see much current or spanish (landed 2).. Water was pretty flat.
Saw several of the old brown fish.
Thank you for Report!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks for another great report. What kind of fish caller do you have? Man you sure know how to find them no matter what the species.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts