Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on what Virginia will decide to do? Guess we will know by 5 P.M. Hoping for a 3 per boat limit and 40 inch minimum along with keeping the season open.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My question is this. If they close the season. Which obviously means you cannot keep them. But can you still target them and fish for them if you catch and release?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The data suggests a 3 fish boat limit would have a negligible effect on the harvest. I would like a 1 per boat limit. Anyone who fishes them regularly knows that while there are still good numbers there are far less than 3 years ago.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The data suggests a 3 fish boat limit would have a negligible effect on the harvest. I would like a 1 per boat limit. Anyone who fishes them regularly knows that while there are still good numbers there are far less than 3 years ago.
I disagree Waldo....that stock of fish in the Virginia Beach/Hamton Roads area simply pushed north 30-60 miles.......its been insane Cobia fishing in the Northern Neck area the past 2 years

·
Registered
337 Posts
2 fish boat limit, 40" size limit, season closes august 30th.... is the talk, but havent seen an official statement

·
Registered
73 Posts
VA actually has balls! ! I non compliance! 1 per person 40" and over, 2 per boat with only one over 50". No gaffs, season closed Aug 30. No restrictions for charters

·
Registered
884 Posts
Many thanks to those that wrote and attended. I think it made a difference in going against the staff recs. Special thanks to Mike Avery for keeping us informed and to Dr. Ken Neill for leading the charge on the commission and making strong case to keep it open. He really made the difference in a 5-4 vote.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Many thanks to those that wrote and attended. I think it made a difference in going against the staff recs. Special thanks to Mike Avery for keeping us informed and to Dr. Ken Neill for leading the charge on the commission and making strong case to keep it open. He really made the difference in a 5-4 vote.
Thank you all!

·
Registered
514 Posts
A major victory for the recreational anglers in Virginia! Thanks to all who gave testimony especially Ken Neill, Jorj Head, Wes Blow, Gary Cupti (sp), & Mike Avery etc. for presenting great testimony & for the 5 commissioners who voted to keep the 2016 season open!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think that any reasonable person with any knowledge of the fishery would think this was a good compromise. My question is who the hell are the 4 people who voted against this as they haven't got a clue. That they really wanted to close Cobia fishing down in Virginia.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts