Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redmoon and I are going out of Wallaces (Grandview/Dandy Point) for Cobia this Saturday a.m. If you are interested in going, give me a call or bmail me. My number is 757-348-2232. It should be fun and hopefully productive.
Chad

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Sorry I will miss - graduation day for a lot of my former students... plus wedding anniversary.

Please post report and planned expedition.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
NOt as far as you will have to paddle out of Sandbridge, and no waves ether.[grin]

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All in all it will probably be about a mile and a half from the launch to where we will fish. It will be during the Cobia tourney and we'll be right in the mix.
Chad

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would love to join in, but got to work. It isn't that bad of a paddle, just a lot of boat traffic there during the summer, Wish I could go!!!

John "Toast" Oast
Williamsburg Kayak Fishing Association
http://wkfa.org/

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are going to launch at about 4:00 am to beat the boat traffic out and be anchored before the armada heads out.
Chad

·
Registered
187 Posts
Chad, where is Grandviwe/Dandy Point. I will be down in Nags Head this weekend doing some work on our beach house and plan to fish from my kayak a bit. I plan to fish around the OI area.

I will have a VHF and will monitor 16/68 and can be hailed as Pelagic Act.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Chad do you generally find, or do you expect this weekend, that the stinkpots will respect you with anchor deployed? As in give room, not crowd your spot. Are you guys going to chum? Doubt many powerboats would expect chum at the bottom of your anchor, and can see them setting up right in your slick.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pelagic,
Dandy Point/Grandview is in Hampton, VA. It is quite a ways from you. You are still welcome to join us if you want to make the trek.
Josh,
So far (knock on wood) I have had good luck with the boats. I have not ventured into an area that will have as many boats as this area will this weekend. We will see how it works out, we have VHF so we can usually "communicate" with boaters if we need to. We usually get the curiosity thing more than anything else, you know "Damn man, I can't believe you guys are out there in that thing." The last cobia I caught a boater actually hung out and watched me fight it and loaned us their net to land it.
I think the safety in number thing will apply here, but Redmoon and I are going even if noone else joins us. 757-348-2232.
Chad

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
I'll be cruising just outside the surf at sandbridge and see if I cant fint some cobia to cast to.

Trevor

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Report? Sorry I missed. Was hoping the 109#er was in a kayak :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts