Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of commission lately with the boat hauled out with welders from Altist Welding installing a new tower. Finally got things right and getting on the water to get the tower dialed in for the cobia bite. Fished Wednesday, 15 July with Alex and Steve. We saw a lot of cobia from the tower. Many small ones and some medium sized one mixed in. Many of these cobia are moving fairly fast. Most with the current, some cross current. Often they would change direction after the bucktail was launched resulting in a bad cast. The little ones seemed to do this a lot. And some, even on a perfect cast and jigging action caused them to turn to the lure, would just not commit and eat. Despite all this, we caught 4 with 2 going in the box for dinner for Alex and Steve. Good day on the water.

I have some walk on seats open for Fri and Sat if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not a requirement but they bite better on chartreuse ... Additional benefit is better catch presentation.
Mike, it was a great fishing day with you, a lot of action and fun. Thank you! Alex

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now you look like a cobia tower sight casting pro. It didn't take you long.
Well I'm not quite there yet. There is a lot of little things in the learning curve and I'm just beginning to get the basics down. My hats off to those that can do the sight casting consistently with good results. I'll get there, just more time as a pupil on the water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts