Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went chumming for cobes today at bluefish rock no luck ,going to try tomorrow hopefully a better outcome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to try tomorrow around Buckroe getting off work and heading that way from fort Monroe, hopefully they cooperate!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info! I went sight casting for them on sun around the bay side of the 3rd and 4th seen some rats but nothing else ,went today for some flat fish got 4 around the hrbt on cut bait.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Thanks for the report , while not great news fishing is picking up!
Bluefish and york spit both and been a parking lots very day I have been out.. lots of fishing pressure

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Many years ago, I played around with some chum and used live spot /cut spot for bait. I saw the groups of boats chumming at mouth of Rapp river on windmill bar, but never anchored in with them , I was mile or 2 away. Sometimes came down to wolftrap area and the "42" area. We did just fine! Live spot on balloon was cool to watch being picked up!
I am NOT tying to be smart @ss, just trying to learn. While trolling around York spit yesterday , I was wondering why so many anchor in small area.. Bigger concentration of bait/chum draw more cobia?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fished spit today, had a short weather window and chore list but no love ,going to try flat fish around hrbt I know I can catch those !! Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts