Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coles Point area ...decided to try something different fishing with eels from the shoreline ...stripers???

Started fishing at dusk but no strikes until well after dark. Had some really nice catfish action... used circle hooks, missed on a few runs, but final count was three blue cats, C & R'ed, biggest about 15#s. When I hooked up, I thought that I had a nice striper... fooled me ...alas, it was a blue cat... fun anyway. Fished for about 2 hours, falling tide, ... 15# blue cat is no "big cat", but these put out some nice pullage! I was really thinking I was reeling in a striper! Fished until 8 p.m. ... got too windy and cold! The cooler water has made the crabs move out, so there was no problem with them messing with my eels!

I hear blue cats get really big, up to 40#s, near the 301 Bridge - if they are up there, there must be a few down in the Coles Point area ... going again tonight with more than a thin sweatshirt, lol. ...Maybe a striper will show???

Tight lines, Fishafly

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The eels were live... I put them on ice to "slow them down" to be able to handle and hook them; used circle hooks through the jaw and out the top of the head ... missed a number of runs/strikes... maybe smaller catfish??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts