Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great weekend for rockfishing on the Potomac, Nov. 1 & 2. This was my first year to fish rockfish and I entered the local turnanment , thought I had as good a chance as the next man, well I read fishing reports from all the local fisherman that i could find, and all of them said it was to early for large rock that far up river, well you guys were right. 70 boats , have no idea the total fisherman, 2 very good days and about 15 fish checked in. One man on the radio said this was his 5th year and hadnt cought the first fish, I cought 1, it was to small and went back to grow some. My comment is to the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce, Why not move the touranment back a couple weeks so there will be a chance of more and larger fish cought. It was a great touranment and I will be back next year just like many others have done, just hope its a little later in the season.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
we caught our limit sun but nothing big enough to place. it was a tough bite. marked plenty of fish and and bait. i think the time is fine. some years the fish come earlier some years later

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that info, like you we marked a lot of fish and bait, even had birds for a short time. like i said , I will be back next year and hopefuly more experance.

·
Registered
258 Posts
What were the tourny results? I fished saturday, not in tourny, but I'm curious to what was caught. I got a 24" fatty from just south of the Coles Point area. Also marked tons of fish and bait out in the main channel, 40-60'. Caught mine in 37', on a mojo down about 30'. Fish hit the trailer bait behind the mojo, a white chute, 6" shad body. Simply beautiful conditions helped out a one fish day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1st place- Tim Trivett. 16.7lb/34.5"

2nd place- Matt Matthes 12.65lb/31.5"

3rd place- Randolph Mays 12.10lb/30.5"

4th place- Mike Long 11.50lb/30.25"

5th place- Chris Markwith 11.05lb/28.75"

Youth Division: Saturday

1st place- Brandan Shaw 9.05lb/27.5"

2nd place- Brian Mays 7.55lb/24.50"

3rd place- Jimmy Tippett 5.10lb/23"