·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookng at garmin 400c an 510 lowrance pro con thanks have color gps now:cool2:

·
Registered
526 Posts
what kind of gps? if its the lowrance you can buy the nauticpath chip and the ram mount to mount the 510 and the gps next to each other plus the lowrance 510 is still in production the 400 series garmins are not.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I will just tell you that I was a Lowrance guy for many years until my last two units gave me nothing but trouble. I switched to Garmin combo unit (498 C) two years ago and haven't had a problem yet.

G

·
Just bought the Lowrance 28c with a 7" screen. It came preloaded with a lot of charts and has a 30 meg hard disk for memory. Lowrance is better for fishfinder capabilities but Garmin is known for their GPS. Go figure..

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Second the Furuno 620. I have it shooting through the hull and it is still very sensitive...I have a Garmin GPS/Plotter as I like them better than the Furuno for ease of use.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Joe, my parker had a 498C on it when I got it and I didn't like changing back and forth between screens so I just added a garmin 320C and used the transducer from the
498....now if the garmin 320 craps out I can just unhook from the 320 and plug into
the 498..

Howard

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,298 Posts
Lowrance all the way ........ better resolution, better DF ....... My GPS has been accurrate and the software is detailed and cheap .......... can watch a jig fall under the boat ..... can mark a GPS waypoint from my DF can watch GPS and DF split screen ...... usually bigger screens for the money

I know the capabilities may be the same as Garmin ........ I just like my Lowrance DF's

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got a Garmin GPS/ Sounder off eBay believe it or not. Brand new 440 for a substantially better price than in retail stores and everything came just as it should and works great. Got it for the GPS part really but the sounder part is pretty nice and picks up everything pretty good. I'm with Hokie and Glenn though on Furuno fishfinders. That is what is going beside the Garmin after Christmas hopefully.

·
Registered
68 Posts
color sonar

Bright and clear.

Lowrance digital broadband sonar. All of the new "HDS" Lowrance models have digital
broadband built in. The HDS 5X (sonar only model) is $549 at Bass Pro shops. This
was a shot from Thanksgiving day, using "screenshot" function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts