Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there are no Colts fans on this board but I'm interested in your objective opinion. Can the Bears get it done with Grossman? Will Manning choke? Let's hear it and let's try to enjoy this one last game, regardless. It should be a good one.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
My gut says Colts. Id like to see the Bears win though.
Manning has a lot of horse shoes up is a**.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I wanna see the colts win. I always root for the team that eliminates Baltimore, then the team representing the AFC North, then the team representing the AFC in general.

However, if the Chicago defense can step up like Baltimore's did and Grossman can have an avergae day LIKE BALTIMORE DIDN'T then I think they can beat Indy.

My gut says Indy by 12, but Chicago has a chance just like Baltimore did, just a matter of who shows up.

Chris

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm a diehard Redskins fan that has adopted the Ravens as my AFC team. I was pulling for New Orleans and if it can't be one of those three teams I think Indianapolis fans deserve a championship. Other than Hoosiers basketball quite awhile ago, what has that city produced in terms of championships?

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Big crime town, Mafia, etc. Especially back in the 30's and 40's.
Car Racing, capitol of Indiana I think.

Not sure about much else. Dare we Googgle?

And here we go:

Indianapolis (IPA: [ˌɪndiəˈnæpəlɪs]) is the capital city of the State of Indiana, and the county seat of Marion County, Indiana. According to the 2000 Census, its population is listed as 791,926, making it Indiana's most populous city, the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the third largest city in the Midwest.

Greater Indianapolis consists of Marion County and several contiguous counties. By one broad definition the Combined Statistical Area (CSA) of Indianapolis had a population of about 2 million people in 2005, ranking 23rd in the United States and 7th in the midwest. As a unified labor and media market, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) had a 2005 population of 1.64 million persons, ranking 34th in the United States. Indianapolis is the 8th largest MSA in the Midwest, following Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Columbus.

A fairly "American" city that has managed to escape a Rust Belt reputation, Indianapolis is well known as a city with a strong sports reputation, having hosted major events such as the 1987 Pan American Games and is perhaps most famous for annually hosting the Indianapolis 500. Common nicknames for Indianapolis include Indy, the Crossroads of America, and the Circle City.[1]

And, home of the COLTS.

:eek:

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I didn't want either of them in the SB. Hate to say it but Indy will probably edge out the Bears.
I remember a super bowl that the Colts were in and were favored by 14 points.

LOST......... Stranger things have happened

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Indianapolis

Baltimore fans need to get over it but I guess it's not that easy, esp. after what just happened a couple of weeks back. That could have been the end but since Indy won, the fans may never forgive and forget. I would probably feel the same if the Skins had packed up and left. That happened to me as a kid with the Washington Senators. All of my buddies were Yankee bandwagon fans but I stuck with Washington until they left town in a rush. Now I follow the Nationals and the Orioles even though neither team has a prayer. ABout Indianapolis sports... I went to the Indy 500 three times. It's an amazing spectacle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts