Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use it? or Acorn rage?? I was just wondering how the results were.

TED

·
Registered
135 Posts
I tried it. Didn't do anything.

I just bought some Buck Snort Sweet Apple. That has a great scent, but I haven't seen any results yet.

·
Registered
785 Posts
try buck jam apple

I used the c'mere deer powder earlier in the season - saw so-so results (documented with a trail cam) A few deer but nothing spectacular night after night.
Never used the Acorn Rage since where I hunt it is covered up all over with acorns.

But I also used the Buck Jam (apple flavored) in combination with the Buck'ola Feed Supplement and it drew in a lot of deer on a regular basis - in fact got a pic of a decent buck back in Sept.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/chesapeake-hunting/242656-buck-cam-what-class-do-you-think-guy.html

Best,
Jim

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think we all get itchy in the hunting store and hope that we can "buy" the next big buck. It has to work for someone. How about the "buck Bomb"???

TED

·
Registered
785 Posts
apples for bucks

a buddy and I put out a bushel of apples at one spot a few weeks ago where we had seen scrapes/rubs.
Got em for $2 at the local orchard (all seconds/bruised/rotting).
Had 4 or 5 different bucks in there for almost a week straight feeding on the apples.
Best $2 we ever spent. :yes:

Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used the buck bomb and think it is junk as well. I never had much or any luck with doe in heat scents. In my opinion they are just a gimick for someone to get rich on. Just hunt smart with the wind in your favor and leave the rest up to the deer. I never baited deer in the early part of the year only when the rut is over and it gets very cold out. I seem to have better luck with the deer hitting the bait in daylight hours and i only use corn.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
It's hard to bait deer when the woods are full of acorns and under growth. Baiting works best when all the natural food is gone.............Gary

·
Registered
692 Posts
I tried it last year. Used the powder stuff, on a old 3'dia. rotten stump. Watered it in like they said. At the same time I put out 2 feeder boxes, 1 with regular shelled corn the other with sweet stock corn, corn which has a molasses coating on it. #1 was the regular field corn, they ate that 2 to 1 over the sweet stock. #2 was the sweet stock, and last with hardly any results was the powder ****. But that Bass Pro guy Hank Parker on Versus TV sez he had 63 pictures the first 3 nights he put it out. Sure, he probably owns the company or is a major stock holder. Plus the 63 deer were probably inside a chain link pen. Don't waste your money, support a farmer and buy some of his regular old corn if you put anything out. Or Apples, and Pears work real good too. Smash a couple and get some scent going. T.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've had no success with any store bought attractants other than Tinks #69 doe in heat. I put a good bit out during the prime rut weekend (around the 12th of November here in WV). I've actually had bucks that were chasing does leave them to come in to the Tinks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Try Buck Grub along with some molasses corn. That is what I prefer to use later in the season when other food source have dried up. The corn is mainly what keeps them coming it works very well. During the rut I have had great success with Buck Bomb products. They also work great with just the plain doe pee scent if you just want to cover your scent a little. I like the idea of the cans because they seem to keep the scent very fresh as it cant allow any outside contaminants into the bottle. Just my opinion though. I know everyone has their preferences. I find you have to be careful using rut scents if it is not really the rut. It will spook deer. I like the plain doe p scent most of the year. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I wasted my money on Com mere deer attractant, deer cocain worked well but other hunters found the spot & over hunted it. I'm going to try useing grape juice in a spray bottle as a curosity scent- grapes are a real treat for deer & it doesn't cost a bundle.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Used the sika bomb today and didnt have any results for my 10 dollars seems to expensive to buy everytime.. Though i did see a stag just out of range in the morning without the bomb, bought the bomb thinking could bring him in, in the evening .. Nothing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts