Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that I was just thinking recently about what a peaceful winter it had been. It seemed to be unblemished by the usual arguements and intercine warfare that erupts during the fishing doldrums......how naive I was!

This has been a most interesting week. We have seen enough tempers flare to give cause for global warming and right now polar bears are searching out that last ice flow that may hold seals.

I intend to make a "Modest Proposal" to end the warfare. At times in the past I have encouraged people engaged in a dispute to give the "enemy" exactly what they want. Agree with them wholeheartedly. Acceed to their demands. Take the wrong road with acquiesence. Do not be such a "stick in the mud". Silence their cries of "whiners" and "wimps". Join the crowd, for sometimes "Success" can spoil the most worthless of endeavors! Achieving triumph can leave one with an empty battlefield with no enemy but oneself.

Give it a try!

I propose that every ablebodied mariner of any means flood the EEZ with boats. Join the folks who are currently pretty much alone out there. DO NOT deprive them of your companionship and most importantly.......take all of your Bay Methods with you....including all of the hated tactics that the "insiders" have to enjoy such as trolling while others are jigging, jigging while others are trolling, fly fishing when others are trolling or jigging, circling boats, going at cross purpose to traffic flow, using too small a net, J hooking with live bait, circle hooking while trolling, and just.....well, be your usual pain in the ass selves!

I see no reason why the EEZ should remain Eden-like or a haven for the scofflaws. I see no reason why they should enjoy the peace an tranquility of fishing serenely while the rest of you suffer. I want to see just how many times we can include "boarding parties" in photos along with our "Catch and Release" smiles.

I also suggest that each fish caught get a "special" tag that identifies it as being af fish caught in the EEZ out of season and with reckless abandon. Then we can satisfy those who feel that they all die or at least don't breed anymore.

I make these proposals with the assuredness that only a wintertime, armchair fisherman can make. I have no dog in the fight.........I am just tired of all the yelping in my neighborhood and seek the return of a quiet night or pleasant reading....

...that is all!:rockon:

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Are you ready to go fishing again Doc? IF we are going over the line let's get Paw Paw to haul us out there in that big bannana yellow boat of his so no one will miss us. :rockon:

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Comfortably numb...that's funny because I picked that song for my last video. :D :D

It reminds me of when I was a young Captain (Army type, not boat or Navy type) as a company commander. My Brigade Commander (Colonel type) told me that the nature of command tends to force you spend 90% of your time on the bad 10% of the soldiers. He said the right thing to do is spend 90% of your time on 90% of your people to reward those doing the right thing.

I would suggest that what we do is ignore the 10% of the folks who stir up trouble just for the sake of stirring up trouble. I'm guilty of falling for their trolls but pledge to try to do better to ignore the knuckleheads.

I see warm temps in the forecast so maybe we can get back to fishing.

Mike

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
481 Posts
Jimmy's Pizza

:clap: Doc its time again for a Jimmy's Pizza party don't you think to calm down some of the temper flare ups.

Bob

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Doc I shure do enjoy your post let me know when we all are going over the line to target bluefish I need some flounder bait. :D ;) and when is the date for PIZZA and a:beergood: :chugbeer: :eatdrink: I haven't had it in awhile. :)) :fishing2:

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pizza meeting.....

..you know, that seems like an excellent idea. There are some things that have to be taken under advisement by me before I could broach such an announcement. One is that Capt. Pete plans to have a "hangin" sometime soon. I know that I have an Art Show the weekend of the 16th in White Stone.......AND there is a group of us that would like to gather and pay our respects to an old friend and honor his memory sometime this month.

I have to ponder the matter somemore and I know that whether it rains, shines or freezes.....the Saturday 24th of March will be set aside for the "Motorhead Memorial". I'll address that issue more later in another thread.......

....but you boys have certainly caught on to the "spirit" of the Pizza Conspiracy......"Make Friends.....Not WAR!":D

·
Registered
638 Posts
What a great idea! What a sight it would be to see 400 or 500 boats drifting for Flounder somewhere "East of Eden":yes:

Darren, we'll take my boat and bring Tom's Parrot along for the ride. We can lash his azz (Tom or the Parrot, doesn't matter) to the radio antenna for all to see.

March 24th is cleared for whatever memorial you would like Tom. Eating pizza and slinging what I work with sounds perfect!

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darren and Tom 1....

...I would consider it to be an honor to be lashed to the antenna of any boat that you are at the helm! Just the thought of you lashing my ass makes me think about the Celtic Spring Rites. I hope the "mead" and the blue paint have "peaked" in time. Whether the Vestal Virgins show is immaterial to me!!

Seriously, it will have to get less nippy for me to get out there and the season is drawing to a close.....HOWEVER....I plan to post an announcement and tribute to our departed friend this weekend when I have the time.

I have been afflicted with the Norovirus all this week and currently am on the "Shiite Diet" with one less vowel, Vanna, because the bowels are moving. It has been difficult to be "productive" and I initially thought it was the Board Boredom Fights that overstimulated my guts until other patients started having the same symptoms without any knowledge of the Tidy Bowl going ons!:cool2:

Keep your ears open. I'll write more later....but I have something to do right now that has a sense of urgency to it.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts