Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know how it feels to be away from salt water and your yak for more than 6 long cold, frozen, cant go fishing because the rivers are too frozen, lakes are frozen( and NO I refuse to look in a tiny lil hole with a tiny rod and hoping I would get a bite) months!?!.... trust me when I get back home I am going to unleash on something fierce when I get back to VA! hell Im even dying to catch a croaker... or even an oyster toad in that matter... if anybody is thinking about moving away from saltwater and it has been a big part of your life, DON'T EVER DO IT!!!! some people says " yeah but there's also fresh water fis....." SMACK THEM!!!!!! IT IS NOT THE SAME!!!! yeah Ive caught rainbows that put a lil fight, walleye suck on the pulling part but its very good eating wise, sturgeons are like logs, lake trout are like 5 gallon buckets in the water, oh and all the other trouts.... I get more action from a crank bait, it doesnt matter how light you go, I need to get back down south!!!! I am a fish out of water here! ( I'm in Lethbridge, Alberta..... yes! in Canada ) WHY am I here!?! I thinking the same thing!oh yeah my fiancee [sad] just kidding ( I hope....) but anyways I had to get that off my chest, I now that the water is pretty cold right now and fishin on the yak is pretty slow I just need to come in and see whats going on down there ... but a word from the wise ( or stupid in my case ) DO NOT LEAVE THE WATER! if it's in your blood ... because it is hard to get out of your system, does anybody wanna send me a gallon of some chesapeake bay water? gotta get from ocean view though!!! hahaha
hope to be home soon
Ray
cant wait to get some flatties this spring!!!!! if I could get there.....[grin]

·
Registered
255 Posts
I haven't left the coast since I got out of the Army in 1988. I told the Army they could drop me off in Jacksonville, and now I'm in Virginia Beach. Never leave, it will only call you back.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I haven't left the coast since I got out of the Army in 1988. I told the Army they could drop me off in Jacksonville, and now I'm in Virginia Beach. Never leave, it will only call you back.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Ray, the togs are biting at the first island! I'm headed out there on Saturday. Water temp is 45 degrees.

I just built a live bait tank for my new 160i so we can load it up with whatever bait fish and go after some flounder when you get back.

Don't beahch to much, you are making the big $$$$ up there and you can fish every day if you want when you get back here!

Check out www.tkaa.org. Everyone you fish with is posting there.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts