Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a fishing report for Stuart Fla. I am coming down from Va to help my old college roomate set up his boat and go out for some sails,dolphins or whatever is biting. What can I expect and how far out do we need to go. We will be in a 22 CC.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I caught my 1st sail only 7 miles from the St. Lucie inlet! There are a couple reefs around six miles. Basically you will be in 100 feet of water within 8 miles of shoreline. I start fishing (trolling) as soon as I see some blue water, flying fish, weedlines, etc... I havent been down since January, but the cobia should be around the turtles, and manta rays - 40-80 feet inshore. Sail bite is probably near its end. Dolphin and wahoo should be around. And in shore you can cast live shrimp to the rock jetties and catch sheepshead, and other stuff if you get blown out. South of the inlet is called pecks lake, and should have 100 boats casting for spanish about 1 mile or less from the beach. HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Trout are doing well inside along the flats...live shrimp under a popping cork are best ...however topwater works in the early AM. The Spanish have moved from Pecks lake up to the Fort Pierce inlet. Some Kings in 40- 60 ft. Also the Cobia seem to be just swimming around not always under the rays as last year. Very little live bait around. Find bait you will probably find predator fish. Good Luck the seas have been really high lately (most all winter)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.