Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,271 Posts
The season for keeping females just ended.My guess is it will not be worth running pots for the few males they catch in late fall.Females make up 90% of the catch in deep water.The other 10% is umbrella rigs :eek2::D.

The last trip out (near Annapolis) I noticed a boat stacking pots.Most likely taking them in for the year.

Be careful after Dec. 15th - netters will be out near the channel edges but most use large floats :thumbup:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
531 Posts
The season for keeping females just ended.My guess is it will not be worth running pots for the few males they catch in late fall.Females make up 90% of the catch in deep water.The other 10% is umbrella rigs :eek2::D.

The last trip out (near Annapolis) I noticed a boat stacking pots.Most likely taking them in for the year.

Be careful after Dec. 15th - netters will be out near the channel edges but most use large floats :thumbup:.
Crabbing in MD ends 12-15, but gillnet season opens 12-1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,399 Posts
--Believe the Black Flags are Female crabbers Long lines that follow the Migration to Va. --Remains to be seen--geo.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top