Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a newbie with an idea:help:

anyway we (the crappie fisherpersons) can compile a thread of local water ways (state of Virginia) and their water temperatures.......I personally like to fish a variety of locations and am interested in current water temps :detective:

·
Registered
268 Posts
i'll get the ball rolling.

NWR -- 27 Feb. 2011 -- Water Temp: Too cold to swim.

just kidding. i think this is a cool idea but don't have the means to provide this data myself. no thermometer on the transducer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i'll get the ball rolling.

NWR -- 27 Feb. 2011 -- Water Temp: Too cold to swim.

just kidding. i think this is a cool idea but don't have the means to provide this data myself. no thermometer on the transducer.
Have Choker drop some coinage on a better DF with GPS and temp on the transducer. I will help you guys get it all set up and give you all my waypoints. I have some nice brush piles marked at Buggs.

Keeping a log of water temps on different waterways/lakes is a good idea but will be very hard to implement. I think a person (not me) will need to start a thread with a post of places, dates, and water temps. Folks would need to make a post or send a PM to the OP so the OP can edit his post with current data.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just made a google spreadsheet for these data. Could also be a good way to record water clarity, species and number caught, and other stuff some might find useful. If you want to access and edit this spreadsheet via the internet, just pm me your email address, and I'll add you to the document. I'm only responsible for this process because I made the document, and I don't plan to be "in charge" in any way. (In fact, as I already mentioned above, I can't even provide most data requested.) Once you're added, you'll get an email from me indicating that you've got access. Hope this is helpful for whoever is interested.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well dang it all ,:scratchchin3:,,,,,Ok today was 47* at the chickahominy river ......didnt mean to stir ,,,:wink44:,,,,just thinking a simple thread pertaining to local water temps....must rethink this one I guess:oops: thanks guys.....I will come more prepared and just go with it.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
MM- Water temps vary quite a bit from point to point on a body of water. Throughout each day, temps will vary many degrees at any given point. If you try to reduce all these fluctuations to a single number, it wouldn't be very useful.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats what I was after a generalization for instance northern neck area was 46-48 most places eastern shore has been in low 50's...these of course are just for gestures sake none of wich is proven or reported......

guess I was thinking it to be interesting for a quick reference to water temps regionally.....but i guess I can hang out and mingle for awhile and create my own little areas i fish temp guide :detective:....

also noticed most fishing south and east of richmond????? does anyone fish the James much its a 13"to 15" crappie haven at times,,,some nice white perch as well but better crappie...havent seen much on rappahannocks tributaries yet neither ,,,well i guess it the fishermans options to post or to read only....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts