Tidal Fish Forum banner
201 - 215 of 215 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
It's gonna take a really good legal team to keep someone plinking "bad guys" at 25 yds out of jail.

Really?
Do you recall the distances that Elisjsha Dicken stopped the shooter in the Indiana mall earlier this year?

I think his hit average was crazy high too.

W&C WILL cover HQL BUT!!! you have to apply for it same time ( and saves you the $75)

· Registered
260 Posts
Really?
Do you recall the distances that Elisjsha Dicken stopped the shooter in the Indiana mall earlier this year?

W&C WILL cover HQL BUT!!! you have to apply for it same time ( and saves you the $75)
That's what I did. I had to wait until I had my carry permit # and expiration date to apply for the HQL exempt.

· Registered
260 Posts
Well here's my 25yd grouping after getting the dot properly zeroed. Top group was about 3 seconds as fast as I could see the dot bottom group was off a rest. It'll do. The red dot with make it a cargo pocket or shoulder holster rig for discretion. So if I have a rest I should be able to keep them in a bad guy to 75yds. You don't want to have strays hitting bystanders.
Guitar accessory Pliers Pneumatic tool Electrical wiring Wood

· Registered
965 Posts
Really?

Yeah, he stopped a mass shooter in the act, I could get him off if he was ever charged (which he won't). This isn't Indiana, and most cases won't be this clear cut.

· Registered
260 Posts
How does this cc permit work for use on say a stray pit bull trying to attack someone or something? It may have already been discussed
Pretty sure you would be good to go on that one. I was in fear for my life/great bodily harm. It looked Rabid!!! I put down what appeared to be a rabid fox in Fort Washington. I even called for them to come get it. The biggest thing is not to become a bigger threat recklessly slinging lead.
It doesn't, The cc permit is to carry, not to define proper use or misuse...
Any situation will be judged individually. You will have to justify the necessity of your actions as well as the efficacy. YOU will be fully responsible for any collateral damage (property etc) as well. Police can mag dump bullets into people's cars and houses trying to hit a suspect without personal consequence. Not so for you.

· Registered
260 Posts
Really?

40yds with a Glock 19. They say he hit him 10 times in 15 seconds. I'll probably be trying the challenge this afternoon. After the drills I was doing yesterday it seems perfectly reasonable. I wouldn't want to have to do it with my Kel Tec or LCP with irons but any of my full mid size shouldn't be a problem. I'd be comfortable as well with my Max9 with the Crimson Trace. Of course the best gun in the world is useless in untrained hands.

· Registered
605 Posts
40yds with a Glock 19. They say he hit him 10 times in 15 seconds. I'll probably be trying the challenge this afternoon. After the drills I was doing yesterday it seems perfectly reasonable. I wouldn't want to have to do it with my Kel Tec or LCP with irons but any of my full mid size shouldn't be a problem. I'd be comfortable as well with my Max9 with the Crimson Trace. Of course the best gun in the world is useless in untrained hands.
Add in the adrenaline/ fear factor.
Try the challenge.
Then back up 100 yds, sprint to.your gun, and try it again.

One of my sons is a VERY good shot.
When he started competing in matches, the timer/ pressure freaked him out. Took a few matches for him to get over it.

· Registered
260 Posts
Add in the adrenaline/ fear factor.
Try the challenge.
Then back up 100 yds, sprint to.your gun, and try it again.

One of my sons is a VERY good shot.
When he started competing in matches, the timer/ pressure freaked him out. Took a few matches for him to get over it.
Competition is the best way to simulate the stress of actual fire but you have to be focused into it. After running the drills you have muscle memory to fall back on in an actual situation. Nothing will fully prepare you for an actual Live Fire situation and it's aftermath but training increases your chance for survival exponentially. Train Hard Fight Easy. I'm too old and busted up to train very hard but I can hurl things effectively to 1,200yds or so. I need to get back to Peacemaker for another unknown distance to 1,200 match. I suppose that's the beauty of setting up all of my firearms and working them up. I can pick one up do the same thing I did 10 years ago with the same results. I spent about 75rnds zeroing the red dot on my new carry gun and another 75+ running various drills from different positions and distances so I know what to expect. Many if not most just buy a gun and a random box of ammo maybe putting a mag or 2 through it offhand and bet their lives on it.

· Registered
605 Posts
Competition is the best way to simulate the stress of actual fire but you have to be focused into it. After running the drills you have muscle memory to fall back on in an actual situation. Nothing will fully prepare you for an actual Live Fire situation and it's aftermath but training increases your chance for survival exponentially. Train Hard Fight Easy. I'm too old and busted up to train very hard but I can hurl things effectively to 1,200yds or so. I need to get back to Peacemaker for another unknown distance to 1,200 match. I suppose that's the beauty of setting up all of my firearms and working them up. I can pick one up do the same thing I did 10 years ago with the same results. I spent about 75rnds zeroing the red dot on my new carry gun and another 75+ running various drills from different positions and distances so I know what to expect. Many if not most just buy a gun and a random box of ammo maybe putting a mag or 2 through it offhand and bet their lives on it.

Some really good points.

Plus, one on one training with a GOOD instructor made a big difference for me.

Shame it took me so long to do it.

· Registered
260 Posts
Some really good points.

Plus, one on one training with a GOOD instructor made a big difference for me.

Shame it took me so long to do it.
Usually it takes somebody else to see what you are doing wrong. You're focused on what you are doing and not seeing what you are doing. I was watching a match shooter shooting prone and I noticed how they positioned their feet differently when they were hitting and not. There's a lot of minutiae involved. I hang with a lot of ******* instructors so pointing out errors is a sport.

201 - 215 of 215 Posts