Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an update on the water quality in the upper bay around the brewerton channel line. I fear all that mud and debris coming down the susky
my be starting to affect us down hear. Also I know its been posted before but
looking for a satalite image link for the upper bay. Thanks

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
South is muddy all the way to the potomac. Probably won't clear up for at least 6 - 8 months.

Probably should sell your boat and gear and take up golf

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I even heard Chinco is muddy and I've never caught a flounder with mud on my lure.
We aren't using lures, we are going flounder gigging.

·
Registered
523 Posts
While the water is very poor clarity people are catching a few fish. If you can't do as many suggest and fish south in better water, if you mark allot of fish then stay on them to increase your chances. There are alot of fish being marked in the mid bay on the east side and eventually they will feed and your lures need to be nearby when they turn on. Other than that go south or wait this bad water out.

My two cents...

Greg
'Compromise'

·
Registered
864 Posts
Appreciate the info Sparky. I go out of Rock Hall so I have no choice but to stay in the mud on marginal weather forecasts. Susky was still high and muddy tonight when coming home. I don't mind running a bit if I have decent weather but with the upcoming forecast I'll just need to make the best of it.....

John

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Took a ride out of Middle River this afternoon for a quiick shakedown cruise, and was really astonished at the amount of wood that was out there floating around. I mean EVERYWHERE!

Water clarity was terrible as well.
Wood, tires, pieces of piers, and everything else just outside of Middle River. Not trying to bull**** anyone but there is a lot of "day ender" stuff out there. I know that's not a real word but if you hit something you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dayenders , we call them Widow makers...i know of a guy in a whaler take a large log threw his hull 2 weeks ago...wasnt a good day..the upper flats area is like a mine field...Im pulling my boat out of furnace bay tonite and writing off this season and gonna head south to start killing flounder...first time in 20 years that havent caught a striper on the flats...sad year...and I dont dunk bait so my odds are not real good for catching one next week...looks like more freaking rain...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ran out from Edgemere on Weds. Ugly water, lots of junk. Dropped down 3/4 of the way across the Brewerton towards Rock Hall. Worked for about an hour, got a 38" on a white umbrella/daisy combo way back. Was alone so wound em up and took a slow ride home with an sharp eye out. Tide was on a strong out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.