Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Been watching "The Civil War", Ken Burns' piece on the PBS channel (again)this week. Riveting stuff! Ain't trying to rewrite history mind you , but just enjoy seeing the mundane nuances of the war for the common everyday soldier on both sides. Damn that Grant!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been watching "The Civil War", Ken Burns' piece on the PBS channel (again)this week. Riveting stuff! Ain't trying to rewrite history mind you , but just enjoy seeing the mundane nuances of the war for the common everyday soldier on both sides. Damn that Grant!!!!
Me too! Love that series PBS has run in the past. See that pile of amputated arms and feet? WOW! Damn that Sherman!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
We watchin it too, and have been. I enjoyed tonight earlier, as I do virtually all the horses on the 4 residences between Gaines Mill & Cold Harbor, including Bloody Run Farm, which the Park Service tried to get but my clients kin refused to sell or have annexed out from under em.
Named because word had it that the creek that runs thru it ran red for 4 days with the blood of the wounded & dead. The interior of the old house stands intact as it was during the battle of Cold Harbor. The exterior has been redone over the years. Inside are hardwood floors and wooden steps going upstairs. The blood stains are still there. The Union & Confederates got together because of the heavy casualties on both sides, and made it a field hospital used by both at the same time.
Damn those grits!

·
Registered
346 Posts
We watchin it too, and have been. I enjoyed tonight earlier, as I do virtually all the horses on the 4 residences between Gaines Mill & Cold Harbor, including Bloody Run Farm, which the Park Service tried to get but my clients kin refused to sell or have annexed out from under em.
Named because word had it that the creek that runs thru it ran red for 4 days with the blood of the wounded & dead. The interior of the old house stands intact as it was during the battle of Cold Harbor. The exterior has been redone over the years. Inside are hardwood floors and wooden steps going upstairs. The blood stains are still there. The Union & Confederates got together because of the heavy casualties on both sides, and made it a field hospital used by both at the same time.
Damn those grits!
Sometimes that southern hospitality can get You in trouble.CF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts