Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
159 7/16 inches.

From the show in Franklin. Not to shabby for a 1 day hunt 250 miles from home on land he had never been on before.[grin]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Being that I am a taxidermist that hole in the neck means lots of work. Shootem thru the ribs. I don't need that part for a shoulder mount.
bubba[angel][angel][angel]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice buck but from the pics looks like a 140 class! Not criticizing but have seen bigger racks that have scored less. A friend of mine killed a 193 7/8 last year in Illinois with the bow. Congrats on the buck! Waiting on the VA opener my self, seen lots of big bucks this year already.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your right the tape will tell.

I was a little off.

159 5/16!!!!!!!

Sorry for the mistake.

The hole in the neck is due to a long pursuit after the first shot. A long afternoon in the marsh and there he is.........

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Often that was a long day and yes the airboatwould be the ticket. The taxidermist did whine about the shot in the neck but sh** happens better dead than still running wounded and wasted.

As for the way or place of display if you have a problem with it then you are SOL I was tied and wet and very muddy. I shot this one around 4 in the afternoon and got to dry land around 8. If you would like to display yours show it.

I hope the picture shows The one on the left scored 166 0/16 the one on the right is the Raymond gave the number for 159 5/16. They look good on the wall together hope to put the third one in the middle this year but the other 2 were 5 years apart.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Proper shot placement? Hell, if I got an opportunity on a deer like that I'd be shaking so bad I'd be lucky to even hit the animal
Congrats Rick.

·
Registered
339 Posts
[Q]willtill originally wrote:
You'd think he'd pick a better setting to display the deer....

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
[/Q]

Why does it matter? Nice deer regardless!

Good Huntin'
Rapprunner

·
Registered
61 Posts
[Q]rapprunner originally wrote:
[Q]willtill originally wrote:
You'd think he'd pick a better setting to display the deer....

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
[/Q]

Why does it matter? Nice deer regardless!

Good Huntin'
Rapprunner
[/Q]

Presentation for appreciative viewers. Of course it's a nice deer, just looks like it's at a garage sale...... [grin]

C'mon guy's, grow a thick skin, will 'ya?

[tongue]

Kindest regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Those are two pretty mounts. Congrats! And I like the early pics. Shows the real deal. I don't mind a tounge out or a little blood, 'cause that is hunting.

Don't mind the negative comments. There are a few in every crowd.

Good luck this year too!

Dayton

·
Registered
72 Posts
Kepone the one on the right was from 2004 and the one on the left from 1999.

The negitive part of the board ain't all that bad just got to wait to reply untill I am not to deep in the Corona.[grin][grin]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tell me what's on your mind Rick.

Seems there's a couple of folks on this board that easily offended with a simple observation. Some of you boys down in Virginia are wound up too tight around the axle...

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
534 Posts
Restraining yourself are ya Rick? How's this?
What highway did you pick those bambies up on?---
Gezzus dude, don't you have any respect for a neck roast?
It took you 4 hrs to find a rat mutt deer in a marsh?-- remind me to bring the dog next time we go duck hunting.
This la Cerveza is for you bud--- Pretty work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts