Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:clapping2::clapping2: 100 years is a huge milestone for a small business and double as much for a bait shop.

Great story in SunPaper sport section ( outdoors ) yesterday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love Tochtermans! Great store with huge selection & the service is unreal...If you've never been, cruise up to Fells Point area and drop bye...great store

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
:clapping2::clapping2: 100 years is a huge milestone for a small business and double as much for a bait shop.

Great story in SunPaper sport section ( outdoors ) yesterday.
They shouldn't be congratulated, they should be Canonized. Most tackle shops are going the way of most newspapers...
I just wish Jeff Bezos would have the drones hover a little lower before releasing the bloodworms...

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
That was my tackle shop growing up in East Baltimore. Tommy liked me a lot. I took a few of his best customers fishing on the Susquehanna and North East Rivers. One time I was paying about 8 or 10 bucks for my lures I was buying. This guy buying a shotgun and some hunting things said, I wish my bill was eight dollars. Tommy heard that and said to the guy, this boy comes here every Friday after work to spend his eight or ten dollars all year. I will probably never see you in here again. And this guy was spending hundreds of dollars. That's the kind of guy Tommy was. What a great place that was/is.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Although not 100 years, we will mark our 52nd year this May. Our first wholesale salesman was employed by Tochterman's. His name was Charlie Raymo. He was an older gentlemen who liked to spend most of the day in our shop whether we bought anything or not. I don't know if he had other customers or not, but he was never in a hurry. There were times when I wished he would leave so I could get some things done. When I say an older gentlemen, he probably was not as old as I am now, but at the time, I was a lot younger and he seemed older.

Andy, I thought I was your tackle shop at that time. I know you and John spent a lot of time at my shop. Can't remember if you spent anything, but I do remember taking your picture at least once a week with a stringer of Bass. Of course, now a days you wouldn't think of bringing a stringer of bass in the shop to have a picture taken. How things have changed.

Ele

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Ele, you were my tackle shop. But I lived near and started going to Tochterman's as a little kid. Your tackle shop was the best for john and me. We did buy a few things from you. We didn't really need much. a few lures in our pocket was all we needed. We knew what it takes. But we did get a lot of good Info. from you and Herb. Like 3 LB. crappie at Stemmers Run, rockfish at Arundel Pier ice fishing. I came back to the shop and told Herb I can't land them. They keep breaking my line. Herb rigged me up with a ice fishing rod and line, but I never did get one out of the ice hole. I can't remember all, but I got a lot of good Info. from you and Herb. PS. John went on to be a pretty big time engineer and gave up fishing. And I am still floundering around with these fish. Any yellow perch in North East Harbor yet. I bet there is some good size bass there to be caught in March and April. Congrats on 52nd. Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tony and Dee Tochterman Are the best! Their staff is very knowledgable and friendly. They have everything there for any kind of fishing. Not to mention the best bloods in town. Congrats to them and please support the local business not the big box stores!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Went to Lombard Street the other day for a good Corn beef and left there to go to Tochtermans for the first time. Wow, thats all I can say. Top of the line, quality stuff. Great people work there and very knowledgeable. If it wasn't so far I would go there all the time. Living in Severn thats way out of my way, but a great store..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I went there today for my first time after the Earleigh Heights Show and the only thing I can say is WOW! Great place with great customer service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tochterman's is the absolute best. I travel from Delaware to buy there...now where is the best place in that area for corn beef sandwiches?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
To read my article, "Tochterman's Celebrates 100 Years", go to www.upperbayboating .com and click on the February magazine cover. It's free.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts