Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMC pulled off another exceptional Tiefest. Excellent tiers, guides, shops...... and all the crew gathered to shake off the cabin fever. Job well done:clap: :thumbup:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I concur. Great job Tony!

Now go take a nap for a couple of days and recharge.

Thanks also to all of the tiers and presenters. I learned some valuable stuff.

David

·
Registered
707 Posts
I only spent about 2 hours there today, but enjoyed the visit. I got to see some old friends who I don't get to see very often, and got to watch some excellent tiers! Well worth the trip!

Thanks Tony, Great Job! :clap:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Ya Mark he did a great job. :clap: But you guys didn't keep him distracked enought. I could only talk to tina for a little while.;) bwahahahahaha and we really ou her for leting him geter done. bwahahahahaha

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah Tony!!

Another fine job putting this event together Tony! The Saltwater Fly Anglers of Delaware thanks you. We had a super time.

One thing that I think is very cool about this day is the way people are getting young people involved. There were quite a few kids there and not just tagging along with their parents or grandparents. They were tying flies and paying very close attention to others, learning while watching. Here are a couple of examples I saw:

Is that cool or what?!!

Thanks again, man. :thumbup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well done, Tony. Everyone certainly seemed to enjoy it. I heard a large number of positive comments such as "laid back", "not too commercial", and "this is what it's all about".

·
Registered
885 Posts
Tony- great event! I added lots to my limited knowledge of fly fishing.

DF- those 10 minutes outside with the bamboo rod were worth the trip out there!

Ernie

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had a great time T. Thanks again for organizing it. Wish I had a few hours at the end to go boozing w/ the VA beach crew. It looked like things were just getting started as I was rushing out. Oh well. At least I got the yellow DVD to take home with me. What's the difference between the yellow and red one again??:eek:
Jamie

·
Registered
717 Posts
As my students would say, in their white-bread way, "Boo-yah, Mr. Freidrich"...great day, Tony. :clap: Let's do it again next weekend.

The bad news is that the poopy-diaper fest at home turned into ten hours in the emergency room last night, ending at 4:00 a.m. (why not just check us into an f'ing room?)...kid had a 104+ fever.

Looks like he's gonna be okay, sleeping right now....put a scare into us, though.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It sure does sound like you had a bad scare, Doug, and I glad things are looking better.

So, I would view yesterday as Tony and about 300 of his closest friends. That attendance number is based on the number of name tag labels used and could have been higher by the time things broke up. Before I left at about 3, I did a rough count of the sign-ins and that number was lower, about 150 to 170 if I counted right. However, I think the name tag number was a much more accurate measure because some people were hesitant about writing their e-mail addresses and others didn't have one to write down.

The important thing is that people looked like they were having a good time. Well done, Tony.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
Fantastic Job Tony,

Lots of good tips from excellent tyers and lots of rods and casting tips from some very good casters as well.

Met lots of people that were only a screen name before.
All in all it rocked :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pete

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great event as usual, Thanks Tony! My only downer was doing that Sage Casting Analyzer...ouch, truth hurts. Otherwise it was a fantastic time. I watched the Popovics video I won last nite, man that guy can tie. Warmer weather can't come soon enough now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What an Event!!!

Tony--Thanks again for TieFest. It was a superb event. Didn't think it could get better from last year but it did. My hats off to you! Thanks again for all your hard work and planning required to "tie" this all together.

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bravo Tony, well worth the two hour ride. My son-in-law and I'll be back for sure. This salt water stuff could be catching. Enjoyed meeting several of the board posters including Tony, Brandon, D Jones. Just a great time. Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well Done

Tony,

In the Navy we have a saying - "BZ" or Bravo Zulu for a job well done. It speaks volumes for the effort you put into the Tie Fest. Thank you. I enjoyed tying, speaking with people and showing a few tying tricks to some folks. Hope to do it again next year. My boys had a very good time seeing all the different ways people tie flies.

TLA (Tight Lines Always)

Paul M.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts