Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
You sound like one of the guys standing next to me at the tail race at some point today. Still not sure if the rest of us weren't trespassing on his frontage:hysterical:. Not a good place to be this weekend if you didn't want to get to know your neighbor. I'd suggest a more solitary spot downstream out of the crowds. Some nice perchin at Rock Run....

·
Registered
961 Posts
Fished downstream today - caught a great mixed bag and didn't have to deal with the combat fishing ethic at the dam. Whites are a blast, but I just find myself getting more frustrated up there the older I get.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Combat Fishing today! That's what I meant, hardly anyone there, Lotsa room to spread out. It was nice, enjoyed the solitude, cleaned my spot up a little, (trashed some littered line, etc.). Even found a handful of copper for the scrap metal pile! Sadly, shad were all laying low... cee-hen must've been staring too hard at the water again. The record for last year at the height of the run, one day's take at the fish lift was like 3000 shad, an overcast day. The other day they grabbed ~2500. You'd think with the cloud cover they'd be higher up in the water column... And today no fish breaking the water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.