Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else was there today 5-14 fished 7hrs for over 100 fish.I've never had a day like that on the whites .I hope they hang around till next weekend .Mean green darts were the ticket

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ditto! had an awesome day on the water. Fished 7am to 12pm. Tried a couple of different spots before we really go on them, but once we found THE spot it was every cast. Between two guys we caught well over 200 and had over 100 to be fried at a later date...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Whites as in shad or perch? Because of the association with Conowingo, I was assuming shad until I saw: "and had over 100 to be fried at a later date..." ???????

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
lets hope perch, a little early for white shad and someone thinking they cought a 100 of them in a day must have been halucinating anyway !!
any size to the perch ??
Wen

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but there are some really nice perch in the river now. I have been trying to post a video from yesterday but it says .mov files are not valid or something to that effect. Anyway, I fished on Tuesday with Eluxman. We caught several perch but not a mother load by any means. What we did catch were nice fish for the most part with at least four pushing 12". E-man got his first walleye at 21" it was a beauty. I fished upriver yesterday from around 0730 until 1230 and had over 120 perch several were 11" or better. Photo is from Tuesday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
maybe it will be another good spring for the walleyes !
Those are some nice perch too.

·
Registered
11,441 Posts
Were you guys in boats/shore or both?I plan to get the jet wet and fish with my son tommorrow.Be strokin upriver til I find something.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry for confusion for Whites. Jerry those white perch's are HUGE. But my whites are 18-26" White shad ( American ) and few 20 plus" white w/ black stripes on side....

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Sorry for confusion for Whites. Jerry those white perch's are HUGE. But my whites are 18-26" White shad ( American ) and few 20 plus" white w/ black stripes on side....
That's what I thought. Way to go on the shad. I have pretty much given up on white shad over the years. Now I wish I had made the run to the dam. I also had some small prison fish mixed in but no where near the size you got!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry, for the confusion over white shad and white perch. I was talking about white perch. I did catch one white shad today while fishing for white perch, he went back in the water of course. No hallucination on the number of fish, here is a small portion of what we caught. We gave a bunch away and my buddy cleaned the rest... Biggest was 12.5

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hey Jerry... I fished up river yesterday as well... the tailrace was too crowded for me so I rock hopped around trying to find some elbow room... I had several very nice White shad maybe 3 to 4 lbs. each, half a dozen Stripes to 28", maybe a dozen White Perch and a 4lb. Large Mouth Bass... The orange darts w/ flash hair you gave me last year did the trick for the whites and a gold spoon behind caught the stripes and bass... Congrats to Eluxman on his first Walleye... I have found no love from "Old Marble eyes" this year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wen NO halcination here the AMERICAN shad were bitin big time saturday.Today (SUNDAY) the bite was tough in the am but got better to almost hot 11am-1pm not quite 100 today .Started my day out at 5am with a 4 to 5 lb smally.Also theres alot of needle fish up there never seen them there before.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hey Jerry... I fished up river yesterday as well... the tailrace was too crowded for me so I rock hopped around trying to find some elbow room... I had several very nice White shad maybe 3 to 4 lbs. each, half a dozen Stripes to 28", maybe a dozen White Perch and a 4lb. Large Mouth Bass... The orange darts w/ flash hair you gave me last year did the trick for the whites and a gold spoon behind caught the stripes and bass... Congrats to Eluxman on his first Walleye... I have found no love from "Old Marble eyes" this year.
Wish I had known it, you could have gone up river with me but sounds like you did ok anyway. Glad the dart worked. I didn't get into any shad but I saw what I thought were several caught by other boats. If I can drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning, I am going to hit the dam when it opens or shortly thereafter. I have darts for you if I ever catch up with you.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Those are small gar - I saw one feeding on gudgeons down river today. Needlefish are only found in saltwater I believe.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Jerry Norris, I know I had replyed to you some time before about purchasing some darts, but could never figure out the e-mail thing on here, but I'm going to try to go the dam tommorrow AM to try for some whites. What do you look like or where would you be if you go down there, if you're still selling darts. thanx.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts