Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't think salt is the problem - the water is the problem. Mine sank at the pier a couple years ago (corner got stuck under the pier when the tide came in and water came through the scuppers). Pumped the whole tank out best I could, have been adding "dry gas" and changing filters ever since - on top of new carb, alternator, starter, wiring, etc. etc.. Don't know what's going to happen when I put the new E-10 gas in.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not worried about cleaning the tank ,that will be up to someone else, but 62 gallons of gas is 125 bucks,the boat is a 22' CC Privateer and in decent shape ,we put a new gas tank in it last Sept.Motor is trashed but what do ypu think the boat and Galv trailer might be worth

·
Registered
875 Posts
Don't have any idea what your rig is worth - if you insist on trying to salvage the gas, pump it into clear containers - the water will settle to the bottom (or the gas will be on top, whichever you prefer to say) and you may be able to pour off the gas and leave most of the water behind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.