Tidal Fish Forum banner

Cool Breeze aka Miles Offshore

3K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  barnold 
#1 ·
Craig, send me a private message so I can reply to your call. I thought that I had your phone number but apparently I'm wrong.

#5 ·
Tom 1

I am indeed alive. It seems everytime that I want to go out, it blows like hell. I am cursed by weather but I've found other use for it. I've been shooting my butt off. No gun, just camera. When you can't fish, you shoot!

I've been wanting to get you and Chuck out there for an "Amigo" trip. Unfortunately the gods have not been with us. I'm going to keep my eye on the weather for this coming weekend. If I don't get out for it, I'm DONE for the season.

It's been disappointing from the fishing standpoint but the photography is helping to make up for it. The Daily Press printed one of my shots in the newspaper last week. It made up for a lackluster fishing season.

When the weather hasn't been "bad", I've had a terrible time making it across the bridges to get to the other side. I hope that we can possibly wet a line this weekend. I'll keep an eye on the weather. It is supposed to one of the coldest winters in a long time. I've got to put the boat up regardless of what the weekend does. These economic times are not meant for engine repair caused by too much optimism and not enough luck.

Good to see you are alive too. I talked to Craig tonight and he is alive, also. He's had some physical maladies that have put a crimp in his life rather than his line. I have nothing but good wishes for him also.

#6 ·
As always great talking to the only person I've ever met smarter than me ! The pleasure was all mine ! Hope you get out soon, if all else fails we will take you on Dougs big comfy wood boat

#7 ·
Been Awhile

Hi Tom1 & Tom2,
It's been awhile and has been difficult for us to get together for a :fishing2: trip.

Betty & I have been to Jimmy's a couple of times since it was sold and the pizza's have been delicious as always.:yes:

I do once in awhile answer a post or make a comment BUt I do not post a fishing report anymore,I let the skipper who I go out with to do that.I do post on the NAC forum once in awhile though.

I have gone by the wayside like other good and well know fishermen who have also stopped posting on TF.

Hopefully we can get that trip in together or at least have a get together at Jimmy's.

Regards

#8 ·
Doc good to know all is well. Hope you get out and put a cow or two in the boat this week. Share some of the pics would love to see them. I know there will be a great read along with them!:thumbup:

#10 ·
You would think that Dave could pull a few strings up there and send us a decent weekend. It's the least he could do seeing how much time we spent watching him NOT catch fish!

Glad to hear you made it in the paper without having a your hands shackled behind your back Tom. You deserve deserve the attention for the pictures you take and I'm with Fishdad.... post more!

Chuck, glad to hear that the quality of food there hasn't changed. I miss sitting around on a cold, dank Saturday shooting the bull with you guys!

#11 ·
Hey Tom, thanx for calling me back last night, nice talking to you- hey all you other guys, i am part of the walking wounded and have not been able to fish,run a boat or nothing really, alas, nothing to contribute either. (yet, i am hoping to maybe start some fishing soon, however more like only running the boat this year/rockfish season if Im lucky. Hope all have a good thanksgiving- i will hopefully be getting back soon- craig

#16 ·
Thanx guyz- Billy hope you are doing well,Nice to hear from u 2 Dennis, ill give you a call soon, Tom, funny guy huh? Well Tom,there wasnt much "bounce" left , so I had to try something,lolol.:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

#20 ·
Gentlemen,

You are most kind. If I don't get out fishing this weekend I will post some pics and try not to bore you with my otherwise lackluster life these days. I must say that God has been kind enough to provide me with other interests when one interest seems to be on the barren side. The photography has been a way for me to at least "capture" something and the folks on the photography boards that I've posted on have been kind to me and my work.

Though it's nice to make new friends, I miss my old ones. I feel it difficult to post here when I don't have fishing to talk about but if you will indulge ME, then I will try to lighten some of your lives.

Again, thanks for your comments to me and my "Amigoes". Life is always interesting and I don't mind the challenges when the reward is frienships like yours.

I'll be back.

#22 ·
Happy Thanksgiving Craig!
Hope to hear your reports soon...I've been out of the water too (boat that is) since hurricane hanna...I should have her back in the h20 in a couple of weeks and would be glad to take you out and soak some eelsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Get better soon mate!

#23 ·
Flights of Fancy

I'll post this for now. I'm really toasted and am too tired to think but sometimes having some "flights of fancy" helps. This is an intentional double exposure taken on film with a Canon AE 1 before the digitals were invented. It is of a windsock at the Kitty Hawk Kites superimposed over folks climbing up Jockey Ridge to fly theirs. In those days you had to have 3 hands. The trick was to halve the exposure of each shot, then push the film release button on the bottom of the camera to let the film stay in place while you threw the film advance lever forward to let you take the second or in some cases third shot. By doing that you could get a multiple exposure on the same frame.

Sometimes it worked out good, sometimes it didn't, just like fishing. This one worked out.

I'll post some others, as I said, later. In the meantime.....with the recent winds blowing....try flying a kite.

#28 ·
I'll post this for now. I'm really toasted and am too tired to think but sometimes having some "flights of fancy" helps. This is an intentional double exposure taken on film with a Canon AE 1 before the digitals were invented. It is of a windsock at the Kitty Hawk Kites superimposed over folks climbing up Jockey Ridge to fly theirs. In those days you had to have 3 hands. The trick was to halve the exposure of each shot, then push the film release button on the bottom of the camera to let the film stay in place while you threw the film advance lever forward to let you take the second or in some cases third shot. By doing that you could get a multiple exposure on the same frame.

Sometimes it worked out good, sometimes it didn't, just like fishing. This one worked out.

I'll post some others, as I said, later. In the meantime.....with the recent winds blowing....try flying a kite.
My God that is one cool photo Doc.!:clap:

#25 ·
Thanx all- Im getting better but Im scared i might screw up this new 15K shoulder of mine_ Im sure Usual Suspects Bill can relate!

Thanx for the stink Rob- gives me incentive to go down and fire her up,lol. The old lady made me give up the Lazy Boy cause she was gettin tired of mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool.,lol- yea right

Hey Keith, I gave the man-boob jacket to Carla on CSC, she is daughter of Carl Mosely, the guy who started the SeaCraft company in the sixties. Kinda cool that she should recieve it.

Thanx Lyle and Bobby- I am gettin there slowly but surely. Craig

ps- Tom , great foto dude!! Keep em coming, I now you post them on other boards but this is really the TF board I look at anymore. I am looking you up on that other site you told me about.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone- Craig

#29 ·
In the category of TFers who don't post (much) anymore I thought I would weigh in. (As in "anchors aweigh" no mention of belt size.) I am glad to hear mention of Dave and miss his comments and fishing. Just a quick update. I finally finsihed the three year exile in the hospital and have returned to the ranks of the actually working and am enjoyuing returning to some pf my past pursuits. I have started shooting again (Hi power rifle and IDPA) and went deer hunting with a rifle I acquired (a Rem 760 from the 60s that had never been fired, passed on several but the "big guy" never showed).

Yesterday we put the NEW BOAT in the water for the second time (first time fishing) and took the kids and their significant others over to Plantation light to feed a few eels to sharks (no stripers) but it was a great day on the water and the new boat fishes 6 of us comfortably. We got a deal on an unsold 2007 28 foot Albe! They thought I was nuts for putting it on a trailer but it is nice having the boat in the driveway. Hope to post pics of future successful trips soon!;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.