Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this fish finder slide from Marty's in Edgewater. It has a slot so you can easily put it on - or remove it.

Nice thing - no more tying the last knot to find out you forgot to put the slide on - plus no more trying to thread thin braid through it.

Looks well made - the part that rotates ( yellow ) grips well. I found them on counter right by cash register.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anglers sells them also, or at least they used to. I keep some of these and the one you have to thread the line through (normally blue). These are a bit more expensive and I use these when I forget and tie everything up without the rig.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use the same ones. One side has a smaller opening which I put towards the swivel. Was having problems the other way with the swivel sticking into the larger hole.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have been using a small snap swivel connected to a duo-lock snap for fish finder rigs. It is much cheaper to make these than it is to buy any sort of sliding sinker snap on the market today. However, this does require a big swivel on the end of the hook's leader.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Not sure why you guys are losing them. I've fished them on braid for a couple of years with no problem. Be sure to twist the yellow ring a full 180 degrees and it won't open up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts