Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching tv last night and found a show called "hooked" on nationl geographic channel. This show was great. It showed people catching monsters on rod and reel and by hand. Anyone else see it? I think it comes back on tonight. Great whites, marlin, tarpon, tuna haul, noodling, all kinds of fun stuff. Gotta see it......

·
Registered
976 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to give it a look tonight.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I was watching tv last night and found a show called "hooked" on nationl geographic channel. This show was great. It showed people catching monsters on rod and reel and by hand. Anyone else see it? I think it comes back on tonight. Great whites, marlin, tarpon, tuna haul, noodling, all kinds of fun stuff. Gotta see it......
Here is the schedule for the show.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/virginia-angler/245492-national-geographic-hooked-fishing-shows.html

Dennis:))

·
Registered
130 Posts
I watched it last night. My favorite is the noodling tournament in Oklahoma. I don't think I would be brave enough to try it. Also, one of the shows has info about Capt. Bart landing over a 1500 lb blue marlin. Great shows

·
Registered
45 Posts
one of the shows even has the footage from the seagull pier where the world record stingray was caught, and Bo Haycox's state record bluefin, the bluefin footage was a re-enactment. but it was way cool, the catfish noodling thing is pretty cool also.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Gotta love all the 'drama' in the show...hopefully enough people will be watching it, get the bug, and light up the charters out of Virginia Beach this Striper season.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hear the noodling in the back of Lake Smith is pretty good....Large group of cypress trees and water depth is 1ft to 3ft...good luck anyone willing to try....seen a 27lb flathead and 15lb bluecat both caught in that area on hook and line

·
Registered
693 Posts
I tried to practise noodling with my wife last night under the covers and got my a** kicked...I will leave the rest to the professionals and stick with a rod and reel. Those guys definitely have my respect...most TV I watched in a while.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I tried to practise noodling with my wife last night under the covers and got my a** kicked...I will leave the rest to the professionals and stick with a rod and reel. Those guys definitely have my respect...most TV I watched in a while.
did she clamp on your hand and start rolling:D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
How about the diver who jumps in the water and hooks up another fishing line to the leader of another pole with a hugh Black Marlin. It took the guy several tries but he found the leader and hooked up the other line so they could get the fish in quicker. They talked the angler into allowing them to tag the fish with a tracking devise so they could study large marlins.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts