Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you have seen fishweather. I've been using it to get a good idea of the current winds before I leave the docks. I just discovered a cool feature that I thought I would share. Many may already know this but there are perhaps many who don't.

If you click on any of the wind sensors found on buoys, you'll get some detail for that sensor. What is cool is if you click on the right side, either the day of the week, or towards the bottom that says more days and detail you'll get an hour by hour wind forecast for that buoy for the next 6 days. Really helps you zero in on the forecast for the precise location you plan on fishing...including offshore like the VB buoy.

Another feature I like is you can click on the little graph at the top and it will show you for the current day, how the predicted winds and temperature compared to the actual winds or temperatures.

Just thought I would throw that out there because after Tuesday, it looks like it's going to blow for a while.

·
Registered
68 Posts

This is my first post as I am a new member. I am fishfair from Baltimore, Maryland.
I live by the Gunpowerder River and fish in the upper bay, Dundee, Salt Peter, Middle River area.

I wanted to ask if anyone else had trouble when you first joined. I have to keep logging in on every page I click to go to. It keeps coming up with a message that I am not a member and have to log in each time. The only way I got here was to log in on every page til this came up. I am not even sure it is going to go thru. Please let me know if you guys get this message.

Fishfair.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Welcome aboard. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Cool site Mike ... especially that one for forecast several days out ... not sure I like the one for the weekend though. We're cruisng down from Annapolis Friday morning and coming back Sunday. If it holds we will have some good traveling winds but a rocky night onboard Saturday. :eek2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts