Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nice pic.......it seems the does can get a little fiesty over bait piles as I have seen these photos before.

It has been a slow year for our trail monitor camera mbut we have gotten some nice buck photos. I usually only put my camera on trails and not bait piles as we end up with doe, ****, and squirrel photos.

The photo quality you have is excellent...is it digital?
What brand and model is it?

Mine is a 35mm original Camtracker and it is excellent.
Iam looking to get a digital model to off set the film and processing cost but it looks like these go through alot of batteries?

Your thoughts?

Mark

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had a film one to then realized the digital had come down so far in price. The digital is far better. You can get more pictures at a time and you dont have to pay to develop them and you can delete the bad ones. My picture quality isnt near as good as his but I only paid 100 and I dont really care as long as I can see whats on his head.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the camera is a 3.0MP cuddeback cam. this is the first time I placed it on bait because I was afraid one of these would show up.

I got a metal box made by cuddeback called a bear safe to put it in to keep him from attacking the camera, he did swat at it, there was mud on the case. I had another camera pushed down into the mud when it flashed at 3 bears. this is the best commercial camera made in my opinion, the bad part is it costs about 400-450 dollars to get the camera and the cards to go with it. the good part is the quality of the pics and the battery life. I have had the same set of batteries in mine for about 3 months and they still have a 1/2 power level. the trigger speed is about 1/2 of a second and that is the fastest of all but one camera, but that one is over a grand and the pictures are poor in my opinion. it is a digital cam so I can take hundreds of pictures, and I really like that and there is no film processing fee unless I want to go and get some printed. I actually get very few small game animals like ***** etc. I am trying to get some good pics of them now since most deer have lost their antlers. I would really like a bobcat, or cougar pic (both have been seen there).here are a few more pics

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
I was thinking that was a doe scent checking the limb but upon further review...That is a button buck all up on that limb , right?

Jason

·
Registered
230 Posts
[Q]choptank originally wrote:
I was thinking that was a doe scent checking the limb but upon further review...That is a button buck all up on that limb , right?

Jason
[/Q]
Yheah I think it is. He's getting ready for next year. Great pics!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts