Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming down to Corolla from the Mid Chesapeake Bay area and would appreciate any help any locals could give. Coming down late Aug. and will be bringing a skinny water boat. Will have my 6 year old step son with me and don't want to put him on any big water on a small boat. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
there is a public ramp in kitty hawk.turn right at the second light at the old gas station when you cross the currituck bridge.It is about 5 miles and you should see a public ramp sign.from there you can reach the currituck bridge for specs,croakers,flounder,puppy drum, and rockfish(release only).pig fish,spot, and just about anything you wanna catch.look for sloughs or fish the channels remeber the sound is pretty contoured so even a 6 inch depth change can create a migration trail or a arae to congregate on.Bring a cast net there are lots of small bunker and chad around to catch for bait.The crabbing is good there to for the little ones.Just get you some greasy chiken parts and tie on a line.Hope this helps you some.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts