Tidal Fish Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Font Number Screenshot Pattern Rectangle
One of you green new deal climate alarmists review this chart & justify the recent natural gas cost increase. Clean burning, abundant US supplied natural gas. Help us fossil fuel loving Neanderthals understand how it makes sense…without BS rhetoric or pie in the sky whimsical propaganda that you believe just cuz you know you’re right..

·
Registered
441 Posts
View attachment 283231 One of you green new deal climate alarmists review this chart & justify the recent natural gas cost increase. Clean burning, abundant US supplied natural gas. Help us fossil fuel loving Neanderthals understand how it makes sense…without BS rhetoric or pie in the sky whimsical propaganda that you believe just cuz you know you’re right..
COVID!!! SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES!!!!
IT'S PUTIN'S FAULT!

Oh wait!
Joe SAID he was gonna kill fossil fuel.
And he is....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a heat pump and oil furnace that kicks in on cold days. Also have a wood stove that heats living areaa when I feel like hauling in wood on colder days. 1 tank of oil gets us th hrought the winter and I wait til prices come back down to refill the tank.
Sad and stupid that fuel prices are what they are. Does not have to be that way and importing oil from countries that hate up does nothing to reduce carbon while rich hypocrites like Leo DiCaprio and Bill Gates fly around the world in private jets lecturing the working class about carbon emissions.

·
Registered
792 Posts
View attachment 283231 One of you green new deal climate alarmists review this chart & justify the recent natural gas cost increase. Clean burning, abundant US supplied natural gas. Help us fossil fuel loving Neanderthals understand how it makes sense…without BS rhetoric or pie in the sky whimsical propaganda that you believe just cuz you know you’re right..
Put up the numbers for 2002-present and the answer will be obvious...

·
Registered
806 Posts
And if it seemed that I inferred that Mitsu was a bad product, that was not the case. I actually had them as my first choice. Just didn't want to wait all the time to get the backordered unit and then potentially have an issue with it and then not be able to get the parts, or another one.
Nah I did not take it that way. You just posted what was presented to you as having happened. That's why I was curious if they all failed in a similar fashion. 15 out of 50 is an astronomical failure rate. If I failed at catching a fish 30% of the time I went out I'd take up knitting.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Nah I did not take it that way. You just posted what was presented to you as having happened. That's why I was curious if they all failed in a similar fashion. 15 out of 50 is an astronomical failure rate. If I failed at catching a fish 30% of the time I went out I'd take up knitting.
LOL, a large crochet needle is useuful for servicing mini split heads...
I got familiar with them when I was stationed in Africa and "lived" in a container cooled by a mini split. They had contractors that serviced them, and some knew their stuff, and some didn't. Not sure why (actually I know) but they had a bunch of different models from different manufacturers, and they each had their quirks, some boards always went bad, on some the little motor that powered the louver would fail, some leaked refrigerant, and some blew compressors, but in that climate, I'm surprised they did as well as they did, if I remember correctly the Mitzubishis did well, They had brands I'd never heard of. One of my neighbors had the same unit as I did, and his seemed to break down more often than most... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
If you hold on to the oil tank and Trump wins in 24 ,oil will be cheap again and America will be great again like it was before the left ruined it. No sexualization of children in school, free speach, stores will be able to reopen instead closing down, our statues that the left tore down will be replaced , and the left criminals will go to jail for all their in justices .justice for ALL .We will be able to say Happy Thanks Giving and Merry Christmas in America again without being critisized

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
I hope everyone has a safe Christmas shopping season without being run over by a lunatic at a parade , mugged, robbed , or shot. Merry Christmas in advance incase any of us dosent make it through the season. Make crime Illegal again with a hefty bail.

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
None we love wood stove heat none better heats a 4000 sq foot home toasty warm
How many hours do you think you have tied up in all the work and expense with the wood by seasons end? Chopping, hauling, removing ashs etc? I've got a fire place, and all the drift wood I'd want without turning the key on in the truck to get it but I don't think it is worth all the trouble for me as little as it costs me with a heat pump? The only times I've ever used wood for heat was off the grid in Canada on remote fishing l cabins with no electricity and the only way in or out was by float plne. I didn't like getting up in the middle of the night to put more logs on the fire when it went out. That alone cured me of any thoughts of ever wanting to have a wood stove. I decided it was no fun and easier for me to pay for electricity unless I was off the grid. Maybe I'm too lazy to go through all that for heat if I don't have to? I took the easy way out. How much of a varience is ther in temperature for room to room? In the old days, each room had a fire place .

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
How many hours do you think you have tied up in all the work and expense with the wood by seasons end? Chopping, hauling, removing ashs etc? I've got a fire place, and all the drift wood I'd want without turning the key on in the truck to get it but I don't think it is worth all the trouble for me as little as it costs me with a heat pump? The only times I've ever used wood for heat was off the grid in Canada on remote fishing l cabins with no electricity and the only way in or out was by float plne. I didn't like getting up in the middle of the night to put more logs on the fire when it went out. That alone cured me of any thoughts of ever wanting to have a wood stove. I decided it was no fun and easier for me to pay for electricity unless I was off the grid. Maybe I'm too lazy to go through all that for heat if I don't have to? I took the easy way out. How much of a varience is ther in temperature for room to room? In the old days, each room had a fire place .
I agree. It’s not free

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
None we love wood stove heat none better heats a 4000 sq foot home toasty warm
Yeah, one house is 1900sf and the other is 3300sf, nice and toasty.

·
Registered
15,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
When I was younger, I heated my home with a wood stove. I had plenty of wood on my property and even though cutting firewood was work, I viewed it as a free gym membership. That was until a large branch broke free and broke my neck in 2004. I still cut wood for 10 more years but age has put a stop to that. I now use bio blocks in my wood stove. No insects, dirt and they all fit in the stove. BTU's are not free not matter what's the source...........Gary

81 - 100 of 113 Posts