Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Costa Rica from 2/24 - 3/1. We will be in the area of Tamarindo and was wondering if anyone had been on a charter out of there? Just curious as to any experience and if anyone had any recomendations? Will be fishing with my wife also, so need to be a decent size boat. I have seen the 23 and 24 Makos but I need something a little bigger. Thanks in advance.

Ralph

·
Registered
47 Posts
We went to Tamarindo a few months ago and took a 36 foot Bertram out. It was too windy to go offshore, so we fished inshore and caught Roosterfish and Jack Crevalle. Not the best fishing, but still a lot of fun. Google sportfishing in Tamarindo and it will give you a rundown of the "fleet". Beware of "the circle" if you are out at night on the town!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I fished with a guide Richard Chellemi about 4 years ago, he fishes on the Gamefisher II out of Playa Portrero which is very close to Tamarindo, he does not advertise much but is one of the best skippers in Costa Rica we caught 10 sailfish and two 500 + blue marlin in one day offshore using bait and switch go to www.montauksportfishing.com it will give you all the reports from Costa Rica. Good luck

Kevin

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Talk to Jimmy K Off The Hook Tackle he would know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts