Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That's why I hate working weekdays. I would have definitely gone with you Skip. Hopefully you get out tomorrow because the winds really pick up over the weekend. Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
603 Posts
Be careful Skip, the wind is supposed to be 10 to 20 tomorrow. If you postpone till Saturday I'm available.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Skip I have the day off, can handle a boat. Do you want me to bring mine (26 Hewescraft) let me know if you still need someone and what time. I will check back around dinner or you can PM me.

·
Premium Member
26,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mremmfish - Yes , saw winds increase around 2 pm.

Uncle Rob - I avoid week ends in summer. Too risky to dive - most bay boaters do not recognize the diver flags.

Hard Rocks - Got your PM - see in morning , thanks.

RocknLoad - I'll be diving a lot - I'll keep you in mind on Fridays.

Reactions: UncleRob

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I was part of Skip's crew this morning. The wind was not an issue until after 11:00. We were headed in by then.

While waiting for the current to slow for safe diving, we fished. Skip is a highly skilled angler. I rarely fish by livelining, but was able to watch Skip do it with ease. He knew exactly where to find spot. We quickly got all the spot we needed then headed to a location where he felt we had a good shot at finding stripers. Within 15 minutes we had a 22" (released), 24", 26", and 28" fish in the box.

On the way in, we did a good deed. A small boat with four anglers had broken down or run out of fuel in the Sandy Point channel. We towed them into the dock. It is always good to "pay it forward".

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was part of Skip's crew this morning. The wind was not an issue until after 11:00. We were headed in by then.

While waiting for the current to slow for safe diving, we fished. Skip is a highly skilled angler. I rarely fish by livelining, but was able to watch Skip do it with ease. He knew exactly where to find spot. We quickly got all the spot we needed then headed to a location where he felt we had a good shot at finding stripers. Within 15 minutes we had a 22" (released), 24", 26", and 28" fish in the box.

On the way in, we did a good deed. A small boat with four anglers had broken down or run out of fuel in the Sandy Point channel. We towed them into the dock. It is always good to "pay it forward".
Yeah, but did y'all get the anchor?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Stupid, for an anchor. Whole posts is stupid and the conversation is stupid. No one cares about you (commercially) for their anchor but your family and son. Anchor retrieve posts are stupid and I can’t stand them. I mean this respectfully, because I know what you provide this forum, but what if you get caught with a member of this forum on board? For an anchor?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think a lot of your reports end the same. You got the boat home no traffic and clean before the storm, but reality is…..you cant go to a public forum to ask for help diving for an anchor and your not letting the public know that there’s a a possibility you might need help (god forbid). They’re just thinking about the live lining and rock after or before. Irresponsible

1 - 20 of 64 Posts