Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice report regarding striper catching John. When I saw the wind bending trees in my backyard, I wondered how the search would play out today. Better safe than sorry!

Thanks for the followup. Nice catching on a very warmday. Skip knows his fishing.
ACG

·
Registered
682 Posts
As a sport diver with around 300 dives mostly carribean and a few in North Carolina I am not currently diving. I really enjoy the anchor stories although would be to scared to dive myself with such poor visibility and all the fish lines,cables, and snags in the bay. Keep up the reports. Still have nightmares about german sub dive my wife and I did in North carolina in 100 ft. Visibilty was bad enough had to go down anchor line to sub. That was a 2 dive trip before computers using a dive card and watch and my last in full wetsuit adventure. May be back to Grand Cayman where we could dive behind our apt rental,take pictures and sit in a cafe for a Magarittas after. Love night dives but they are a different animal than bad visibility since there is always the surface my buddie,and my strobe.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Just crazy stupid, but i guess entertaining for all you and like Andy, Gary. no you didn’t.

Be professional about it. Take professionals with you. Not a want add and a scary story on here. That’s all.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
There’s no one on this board that can help you, god forbid, something happens and it’s reckless for you to ask untrained strangers to help. So, either your stories are embellished, or you really just don’t care.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
565 Posts
You guys need to either put him/her/it on ignore or start reporting his trolling. Sooner or later the powers that be on this site, such that they are, will get tired of the reports and do something about it.

Reactions: O sea D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sooner or later the powers that be on this site, such that they are, will get tired of the reports and do something about it.
I highly doubt that, this have been going on since 2010 if not before. I mean the name calling and bashing people reports. Not specifically speaking about anyone in general. Heard this from a member that has been around for a while. I just do not like the name calling for no reason. I already block one member on this site because much of what they typed do not make any sense. All I see from that person is a thumbs up and I would like to know how to block that.

@longtail I enjoy some of your comments they are funny at times makes me laugh.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I didn’t call no one names and I didn’t say anything bad. I have my opinion. Your either all old men or all children. You definitely can’t take any criticism. Perhaps both.

I never said skip was a bad guy, quite the contrary. I look up to him a lot. I think he’s a fantastic guy and that’s why these posts bother me.

What he does is dangerous, and he should have a professional onboard when he dives, not some “ho” with a screen name.

@ skip, do you even ask if anyone you take on your boat to man it while your under is cpr/first aid certified, or at least familiar?

More over, why dive EVER, without at least 3 people including you? Whose gonna drive the boat while the other is performing chest compressions?

·
Premium Member
26,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Long tail - I appreciate your concern.

Scuba diving in itself is dangerous. I was at a quarry and saw a diver die - it can happen. People die at football games watching team play - your number gets called , its your time to go.

In the bay - it is safer for me to dive alone. I accept that risk as part of the game. I have extension training and almost 1,500 dives - over half in low visibility and at night. I'm very comfortable where many divers would freak out. I truly enjoy the challenge of recovering anchors.

Top side help is fairly easy job. I do go over - what ifs - as best I can. If bubbles stop - time to call 911. I've talked to the NRP and Anne Arundel county police divers - warned them about some of the places I dive.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Ok, How about bottom side help?

Didn’t I read one of your posts when you said you went down and didn’t check your tank and you were very low on O2. I guess you expected an old over weight guy like crabby to dive in and save you?

I don’t need help, but i didn’t get bent out of shape from your opinion that I did. I said what I had to say and it’s my opinion you haphazardly ask people with no experience or training to assist you. diving, unassisted.

My opinion. Discussion over.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Why don’t you post on tht, Instead of here? I would think there’s a lot more people there that would be familiar with your experiences.

I’m sure I’ll get beat up after the early bird, ending soon.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
565 Posts
I've logged hundreds of hours solo diving when I was younger, twice it almost killed me because I was stupid. I used to spearfish the wrecks off NC and I reached into a hole for what I thought was a gold bar and a moray grabbed me and another time I speared a Goliath grouper that was getting aggressive and he took me on a 2 mile ride. Luckily the moray let go and my friend chased me down and picked me up.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I've logged hundreds of hours solo diving when I was younger, twice it almost killed me because I was stupid. I used to spearfish the wrecks off NC and I reached into a hole for what I thought was a gold bar and a moray grabbed me and another time I speared a Goliath grouper that was getting aggressive and he took me on a 2 mile ride. Luckily the moray let go and my friend chased me down and picked me up.
You willing to trust that to “could use some diving help” on an Internet forum that includes me?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts