Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conservatives are a bunch of weannies. Coulter has about hit the nail right on the head again-

CONSERVATIVES NEED 12-STEP PROGRAM TO MANHOOD
May 10, 2006

It's pretty pathetic when a Kennedy is too drunk to drive into the Potomac. After the visibly intoxicated Rep. Patrick Kennedy crashed his car into a police barrier near the Capitol just before 3 a.m. last Thursday morning, he explained to the police he was hurrying back to the Capitol for a vote, a procedure known on the Hill as "last call." It could have been a lot worse: Patrick's designated driver that night was Ted Kennedy.

At some point in his scrolling list of excuses, Kennedy eventually claimed he was addicted to prescription drugs and checked himself into the newly opened Kennedy Wing of the Mayo Clinic. He explained he had been "sleep driving." If people fall for his story, his father, Ted, plans to attribute his last immigration bill to "sleep legislating."

Coming right on the heels of a three-year witch-hunt directed at Rush Limbaugh for an addiction to prescription drugs (because of his politics) — as well as the continuing threat to put Tom DeLay in prison (because of his politics) — you would think there would be at least some serious discussion of prosecuting the young Kennedy for his addiction to prescription drugs, too.

Perhaps the Republican attorney general in Washington needs to interview Democratic Palm Beach prosecutor Barry Krischer, who wasted three years and untold taxpayer dollars trying to frame Limbaugh, about the danger to society of prescription drug addiction.

Baseball has a system to protect batters from being hit: If your pitcher hits one of our guys, our pitcher will hit one of your guys. This is also the only argument that ever works with Democrats.

Democrats adored the independent counsel statute — until it was used to catch an actual felon in the Oval Office. Then they noticed all sorts of problems with the law. Democrats swore up and down that women never lie about rape — until that same felon was credibly accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick on "NBC News," not to mention the four other card-carrying Democratic women who described being raped by Bill Clinton in eerily similar detail in Christopher Hitchens' book "No One Left To Lie To."

Conservatives will continue to be threatened with prison on trumped-up charges until Democrats start having to worry about being prosecuted for minor offenses, too — though, in Kennedy's case, not as minor as Rush Limbaugh's offense, which never involved smashing his car into a police barrier. (In Rep. Kennedy's defense, at least he didn't drown the woman in his car and then disappear for nine hours.)

Democrats have declared war against Republicans, and Republicans are wandering around like a bunch of ninny Neville Chamberlains, congratulating themselves on their excellent behavior. They'll have some terrific stories about their Gandhi-like passivity to share while sitting in cells at Guantanamo after Hillary is elected.

For a political party that grasps the concept of victory against foreign enemies, Republicans can't seem to grasp that concept when it comes to domestic enemies. Instead of taking a page from Sun-tzu's "Art of War," when it comes to fighting liberals, American conservatives prefer the Jimmy Carter unconditional surrender strategy.

Patriotic Americans don't have to become dangerous psychotics like liberals, but they could at least act like men.

Why hasn't the former spokesman for the Taliban matriculating at Yale been beaten even more senseless than he already is? According to Hollywood, this nation is a cauldron of ethnic hatreds positively brimming with violent skinheads. Where are the skinheads when you need them? What does a girl have to do to get an angry, club- and torch-wielding mob on its feet?

There is not the remotest possibility that a man who was recently defending shooting women in the head for wearing nail polish will so much as be snubbed on the Yale campus.

The only violence on college campuses these days occurs when people like David Horowitz, Michelle Malkin and me show up to give a speech in defense of America. Then we need bomb-sniffing dogs and a lecture hall lined with armed police. But a Talibanist goes about his day at Yale unmolested.

Conservatives may shrink from confrontation with howling, violent liberals, but as General "Buck" Turgidson in "Dr. Strangelove" informed the milquetoast president still hoping to avert a nuclear confrontation with the Russkies: "Well, Mr. President, I would say that General Ripper has already invalidated that policy."

Well, conservatives, I would say liberals have already invalidated your "Let's all just get along" policy.

The violence and threats of imprisonment have started. Now the only question is whether conservatives will choose victory.

COPYRIGHT 2006 ANN COULTER

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I saw nothing in the Limbaugh case that violated any laws. Medical records are open to all insurance companies and paying members of the various credit reporting agencies.

Limbaugh was told that if he violates his "agreement" he will face the charges of Dr. shopping for his prescription drugs, to which he is by his own admission addicted. That he says he is innocent is totally irrelevent unless he is charged.

The question goes begging as to why a innocent person would agree to any stipulations by any court to do anything. The Repubs can dance all they wish but this agreement is one between a guilty person and a state which is Republican and cut him a deal.

Patrick Kennedy is just another Congressman who is a drunk. Plenty of those to go around. That he got preferential treatment is probably quid pro quo for all of Congress which passes on bills that finance DC police.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
[Q]etouffe123 originally wrote:
I saw nothing in the Limbaugh case that violated any laws. Medical records are open to all insurance companies and paying members of the various credit reporting agencies.

Limbaugh was told that if he violates his "agreement" he will face the charges of Dr. shopping for his prescription drugs, to which he is by his own admission addicted. That he says he is innocent is totally irrelevent unless he is charged.

The question goes begging as to why a innocent person would agree to any stipulations by any court to do anything. The Repubs can dance all they wish but this agreement is one between a guilty person and a state which is Republican and cut him a deal.

Patrick Kennedy is just another Congressman who is a drunk. Plenty of those to go around. That he got preferential treatment is probably quid pro quo for all of Congress which passes on bills that finance DC police.
[/Q]Medical records are not open to all Insurance Companies and are not open to paying credit reporting agencies. Only the person can give athority for a company to obtain your medical records.If a company or persons obtain your medical records without your athority than they are breaking the law. I do not know anything about the Rush thing so I will not coment on that.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
[q]Patrick Kennedy is just another Congressman who is a drunk. [/q]

While that may be true, he claims not to have drunk before the crash, and blames it on a combination of ambien and antihistimines. However, he went to rehab saying he had a problem with (unspecified) prescription painkillers; precisely what Limbaugh was charged with doctor shopping for. So I agree, we need to find all the doctors that Patches has visited in the last 5 years, and find out how many of them have prescribed pain killers to determine whether he was doctor shopping.

As for Limbaughs "deal" PBJ (probation before judgement) is a rather common method of dealing with first time drug offenders, which keeps them out of legal jeapordy provided they stay clean for the probation period. It works out well for both sides if the offender can stay clean.

Incidently, "Patches" has previously been in at least rehab twice, once as a teenager for cocaine addiction, and as recently as last year, so a "first offender" deal would seem less obvious (although as far as I know, he's never been in trouble with the law for it - but then again, we can see why that probably never happened, too).

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has had a pattern of drug/alcohol use, however, when you do it while driving you place innocent people at risk. I havent heard that Limbaugh has been crashing his car into things while drunk or on drugs.

This piece really took a swipe at conserves who just sit and take it. I particularly like the reference to Hillary. That makes too much sense.

·
Registered
532 Posts
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:
I haven't listened to Rush lately. Is he still talking about the drug issue or would he just like it to quietly go away?
[/Q]

he doesn't talk about it from what I'm told... I never listen to his show. He's an idiot. Seems fitting that all those years i heard him and yelled "Is this man on drugs!?!?!" i was 100% correct

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I havent listened to Rush for years, but seems to me that lots of famous folk are either on drugs or booze. What ever happened to mom, apple pie and the girl next door. Guess its now mom, drugs/booze and the girl next door.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Bryanfish: Perhaps you are correct at this time. My reference comes from my being employed for a short time by Prudential Ins. Co. At that time it was standard operating procedure to obtain medical records from Equifax and attach that report to any application for life insurance over $20.000. I did not intentionally mislead as I was unaware this was no longer done.

I do not listen to Mr. Limbaugh frequently. The last time I did, about a month ago, he was throwing figures right and left proving that the richer 1% paid a huge part of the income taxes and that the next 5% paid xxx etc. His point being that it was unequitable for the richer 20% to be burdened by so many taxes. My only thought was that the Republicans are spending all these taxes and living on a Treasury Note credit card to roll up the largest deficit in the history of the United States. If Mr. Limbaugh favors cutting the taxes for the most wealthy then would it not follow that he is in favor of raising the taxes of the balance of the citizens? I hope that becomes a platform of the Republican Party.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
And, confidentiality is likely to be lost in return for insurance coverage, an employment opportunity, your application for a government benefit, or an investigation of health and safety at your work site. In short, you may have a false sense of security.

The Medical Information Bureau (MIB) is a central database of medical information shared by insurance companies. Approximately 15 million Americans and Canadians are on file in the MIB's computers. About 600 insurance firms use the services of the MIB primarily to obtain information regarding medical histories.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]Capt Frank originally wrote:
Conservatives are a bunch of weannies. Coulter has about hit the nail right on the head again-

CONSERVATIVES NEED 12-STEP PROGRAM TO MANHOOD
May 10, 2006

[/Q]

I think she would have been more accurate to say Republican
than conservatives. Over the last few decades millions of
conservative and moderate Dems changed their affiliations
because as Ronald Regan once said," I didn't leave the Demacratic Party; the Demacratic Party left me."

The Republicans are in real danger of conservatives viewing them
the same way. And they have only themselves to blame.
Never in history has any group blown an opportunity the way
the current Admn. and Congressional leadership has.

What really sucks is the alternative party is SO freaking whacked
pragmatists have no where to go.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!!!!!

Bert

·
Registered
762 Posts
Take heart from some encouraging news from Texas, Bert, because Kinky Friedman will be on the ballot for governor. They don't make it easy for independents there, and he had to get 40,000 signatures on a petition in a narrow window of time and those eligible to sign could not vote in the primary. I heard this morning that Kinky got 169,000.

Urge anyone you know in Texas to support Kinky and send a message to Dems and Pubs across America: We're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bert/Doug yep right on the nail, the repubs have screwed the conserve pooch, and now it looks ominous like the Dems will at least get control of the House in Nov. I think that was the jist of Coulter's article. The bad thing as Bert said, is the Dems are a big part of the problem, not the solution. I'd say if a strong legitimate 3rd party came out to stop illegal aliens, cut spending, there would be a major backlash of the 2 party system. Its time to throw all the bums out.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]Capt Frank originally wrote:
Bert/Doug yep right on the nail, the repubs have screwed the conserve pooch, and now it looks ominous like the Dems will at least get control of the House in Nov. I think that was the jist of Coulter's article. The bad thing as Bert said, is the Dems are a big part of the problem, not the solution. I'd say if a strong legitimate 3rd party came out to stop illegal aliens, cut spending, there would be a major backlash of the 2 party system. Its time to throw all the bums out.
[/Q]

But everyone remmbers what happened in 92. And only someone
with strong bone fides and name recognition pull it off.
Got any ideas?

Bert

·
Registered
762 Posts
Bert, maybe the answer is that it doesn't have to start at the top. Perot may have had a lasting impact if more effort had been made to build state grass roots organizations.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The dems have some nerve preching to the country about the rebublican culture of corruption. In my opinion, anyone in governement politics more than a few months becomes worthless. Throw all them bums out!

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
If you don't like choice A, you can vote for choice B. That's the way it is. Whine all you want and dream of choice "C"s but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:
If you don't like choice A, you can vote for choice B. That's the way it is. Whine all you want and dream of choice "C"s but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
[/Q]

I aint whinein I just can't stand the choices. I'm open for realistic
alternatives. Not Quixotic recomendations from Lew Rockwell.

Bert

1 - 20 of 38 Posts