Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a good cover on my boat , was going to cover my good one with those blue cheap cover just to protect my good one a little bit . worthr it or not , seems the metal holes stating to rip allready with bunge cord attached to the cheap ones, no wonder they end up covering fire wood. worth it or not

·
Registered
143 Posts
Try the silver or brown heavy duty one. I usually get a couple of winters out of them. The blue ones only last about a week in the wind.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Try the silver or brown heavy duty one. I usually get a couple of winters out of them. The blue ones only last about a week in the wind.
+1 get 3-4 years out of mine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The last 2 I bought were PVC. I believe I bought them at Northern Tool. They were about $100, but well worth the money.

Dave

·
Registered
231 Posts
When well tied down, the blue tarps can last a couple of seasons, before the sun degrades the plastic.
It must be tightly tied down to prevent wind damage, and can make your boat cover last longer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There is plastic grips for the blue tarps that grab the blue part of the tarp instead of the holes that will not rip try that

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Google Teetop guy....He makes these on EBay for like $300. You can even trailer with them strapped down. He builds to your specs...

·
Registered
632 Posts
I use a silver tarp over my canvas tarp for winter month storage. The silver tarps, when properly and snuggly tied down, will last up to 5 seasons.

Sean

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I had the silver/brown and it lasted 7 winters. Couldn't find the silver/brown local today so I got the silver (19x29) for $49 at Harbor Freight. The plain silver is a lot heavier material than the old blue ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts