Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered with 5 different places to get an appt. 2 drug stores, 1 Hospital , the Baltimore convention center and finally 6 flags 3 days ago upon the recommendation of a neighbor. I just got a tel. call and an E-mail to be ready for an appt. at 6 flags soon. Even if you register elsewhere , and haven't gotten any notifications, you can still register at other locations .

·
Registered
956 Posts
I did the same thing, finally got a call back yesterday. I go March 12th MIT Stadium. Its not easy getting a appointment. It seems calling Six Flags is the best. Call them at 7AM, and choose between 6 flags and MIT Stadium. Don't give up, keep on calling....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had the same
Robles here in Chester Xounty. Registered with 9 sites and no luck. My daughter found an appointment for me a
T a Eite-Aid inMedahnkxsbjrg which is 110 miles away. I got the shot hesterday. I’m grateful.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was talking to someone today on the phone that had covid last October. The only symptoms he had was everything he ate was tasteless and he couldn't smell anything. He got swabbed , no abnormal temperature , and was sent on his merry way . He lives in a household of 3 and no one else caught it? The symptoms lasted a few weeks .He is 50 .

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
A guy I work with had 3/4 adults in his house have it and he avoided it, how? Dunno

Same thing happened when we bought our second house. Myself, wife and daughter all had the the flu coming out both ends and my son escaped. Kids were only about 5-6 at the time. How? Dunno

That’s part of the problem, it’s very unpredictable.

I’ve heard alot of positive about these “vaccine hunters” who are posting tips on how to find little niches to get appts. For example, I think I caught one that said new appts posted after 5 pm. Kinda like concert tickets or sporting events.

Chris

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Some people have stronger immune systems than others and don' get sick as easily. It's the luck f the draw when you get called for a covid Appt. The new 1 shot J&J will double the amount of people vaccinated. With Pfizer & Maderna ,after you get 1 shot , you get scheduled next month for the 2nd shot. That ties up 2 months making appts for the same people . Adminstering 1 mil. vaccines a day sounds good , but it's the same 30 mil a month that get scheduled next month for the 2nd shot . So it's only half as good as it sounds . It's really only 1/2 mil vaccinated people a day on average in a 2month period instead of 1 mil. a day that have completed their vaccinations. That equals 600 mil. vacinne appts. It could take 600 days to vaccinate everyone with the 2 shot system. 72 mil. vaccines have been administeed so far but that means only 36 mil hve been vcinated. 500 thousand have died since the pandemic started . More that 660 thousand , have died of heart attacks in the same time period and alot died of cancer.However those are not contagious diseases

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Capt, I hope it works out for you seamlessly. My in laws are scheduled for next week, and my daughter the following week. Not keen on it, but they’re all adults

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received an email for six flags a week ago. I was getting ready to make my appointment yesterday when John Hopkins sent me a text and an email letting me know I can make an appointment. I went with John Hopkins as I have been going to the hospital there for the last 7 months. My appointment is today ( Thursday ) at 10:45 at the Columbia John Hopkins campus there. 10 minutes away. I really ain't sure I even want the shot, but I am getting it anyways under stress and since I am in the highest risk factor, I will get it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Take a look at Maryland Vaccine Hunters on facebook. This is a BOT that posts appts as soon as they become available. I used this BOT to get three appts in Baltimore this week and a similar tool in NJ got family Meadowlands vax on Sat. These tools rely on postings from folks who connected with vax and often provide links so you can apply quickly. I had friends from NJ show me these sites and they can be a really useful tool. With the new J and J vax this week I heard folks are doing better with appt. Md is somewhere around 45/50 for states vax availability so any links help.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I haven't been notified yet and first filed for an appointment on Feb. 2nd. I read where a 77 year old couple just got notified for their appointment in Md. Texas will have all 65 year olds and up vaccinated by April. Unless of course Michael Moore doesn't punish them by taking away their vaccines for not making Texas mandatory to wear masks . However, It's OK for O'Biden to turn loose covid infected illegl immigrants every day into Texas and then bus some as a gift to Maryland . By the time I get an appt. they will probably have the variant covid UK and African vaccine out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I went down the list of places to register and put my name in. JHU, Lifebridge, GBMC, state sites, county health departments and so on. That was last week. Just got emails from JHU and Adventist.

I actually made an appointment for 6 Flags over the phone. If they say no appointments available, opt for asking a question. Question or appointment routes will get you to the same place.

Quick story. Friend and his wife went to dinner with a couple who had minor symptoms that ended a few days earlier. He ended up in the ICU. Came thru it but has lingering issues. Others are fine. Reasonably fit 40 yo. Go figure.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well atleast you got your appointment with persistance . We're lucky Trump placed his operation warp speed in place to get the vaccines inless than a year in the first place . A Dem. administration takes 5 years to get an approved vaccine. Think how many of us would have been dead waiting 5 years for their approved vaccine?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Take a look at Maryland Vaccine Hunters on facebook. This is a BOT that posts appts as soon as they become available. I used this BOT to get three appts in Baltimore this week and a similar tool in NJ got family Meadowlands vax on Sat. These tools rely on postings from folks who connected with vax and often provide links so you can apply quickly. I had friends from NJ show me these sites and they can be a really useful tool. With the new J and J vax this week I heard folks are doing better with appt. Md is somewhere around 45/50 for states vax availability so any links help.
I just found another site run by a Univ of Md student that shows availabilty at a number of different sites and saves you time. There were even two during my search at a Walmart and a CVS.
https://mdvax.info/

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
I got an email from Frederick Co health department today with available appointment dates. I chose a date and time and which vaccination I wanted. I'm going Tuesday at 10:20. That was EASY.......... Gary

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Which vaccines did they give you a choice of and which one did you choose? Pfizer.moderna , J&J? I will take either Moderna if it's close by or the one shot J&J if I have to go to far like 6 flags if given a choice. Those were the 2 that I requested on my appt.forms that I filled out. If you have any health problems they are supposed to give those people sooner appointment priorities as it should be.One thought that I have as to why the virus numbers have gone down dramatically is because those that were most vulnerable or less cautious have either already caught it or have died from it. Those that are still being cautious or are in better health should be OK, with or without a vaccine. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts