Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get an appt . for a covid vaccine online or in person in Maryland to no avail . I tried Wallgreens yesterday online. Their website said" Our Covid Website is down" I then went to the store in person to sign up. No dice. The pharmacist told me I had to sign up on line . I explained their website is down. He said it will be online today and that I should sign up today ,Tuesday, for a Friday Appt. The website now says, No appointments available for 2 days ? No sign up available? From what I've read on other websites, this has been a big discouragement for many people wanting to sign up for the vaccine, especially for the elderly. The other day I went to CVS . I got there at opening ,8am. an asked about the covid vaccine sign up . I was told the pharmacy didn't open until 9 am. This wasn't indicated on their website. I was told by a clerk they had plenty of covid vaccines available and to come back after 9 am. I went back at 9am and was told by the pharmacist that they haven't gotten any covid vaccines in yet? No wonder Maryland ranks near 40 out of 50 states to administer vaccines. How has your experience been? I know many are reluctant to get the pig in poke shot to begin with even if you want to roll the dice and take your chances to get one .

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm on 3 sites haven't heard anything yet. A friend of mind got his appointment at 6 flags yesterday. Seems like they are pretty far behind.......

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I registered with the Frederick County Government, MD, Covid inoculation "Interest List" weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. Same with my wife. We are both over 65.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It is not different in other states. I live in New Jersey. The local hospital had an appointment window open for 3 hours on January 20. If you had inside information from a nurse who works there you would know about the appointment window. They got 5,000 inquiries in 3 hours. It has been shut since.
I registered for at least a dozen sites in 3 states. I have an appointment in the Atlantic City Convention Center megasite for March 12. I happened to check the site a coupe of hours before they opened up and got in the window. They did 7,000 appointments in four hours.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,293 Posts
97% survive 3% die great odds so they can stick it up ther ass. It's a ****ing political joke.
......... says the 500,000 dead

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't gotten a flu vaccine shot in around 20 years. Haven't had the flu since I quit getting them either.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I know some people who have had luck getting it and some who haven't. Alot of it is supply and demand. You're on the list, but just no supply; among other inexcusable website issues.

A wee or so ago MD had about 66% of available doses given out and that number is now down around 35%. That means the number of available doses has gone up and they are opening more big centers to increase dosing.

They're doing about 30K a day now compared to 10K in the beginning.

Measles, Mumps, Polio, etc all largely eradicated by vaccines.

Ask Seattle how it went when they took away the measles school requirement a few years ago. Quickly reinstated.

Pretty sure I have city and disease correct.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/01/08/us/measles-vaccination-washington.amp.html

The only way this thing goes away for good is getting rid of it. If it is still around, it will just keep getting passed around and we'll never get back to normal and the vaccine offers the best hope. Period! Hoping it goes away hasn't worked.

It looks like Immunity from being sick only lasts about 6 months which means everybody who had it in the Fall can get it again and spread it again. YUP, progress.

Anybody know the definition of Insanity? Yeah, thought so, let's just all keep passing it around, working great.

Think about that the next time you say this whole situation is "Insane".

As is, it will still probably require a year or two of vaccines, maybe 3 because nobody knows how long they will last either. This is a global thing that needs to be gone, not just the county or state. Remember it started with one person in the US. Every nursing home outbreak started with one case.

Chris

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,137 Posts
Both my wife and I are over 75 years of age. We received an email from Medstar I guess due to the fact that our primary care Dr. is associated with that group. The email listed several locations we could make appointments with to get our Covid vaccine injections. The new Medstar facility on Rt 924 & Tollgate Rd. in Bel Air is near to us and offered us an appointment within a couple days of applying.
The process took less than 30 minutes from start to finish which included a 15 minute period where we were observed after receiving the vaccine to ensure there were no negative reactions or side effects. We were given the Pfizer vaccine on 1/25/21 and received our second injection on 2/15/21.
The professionals administering the vaccine were very well organized, efficient and courteous. Other than a mild soreness in our arms the day after both injections, we had no other side effects or reactions.
I highly recommend this venue to those who live in the area.

http://medstarhealth.org/vaccine

·
Registered
882 Posts
Be persistent and also patient. Bottom line is there are far greater people who are in the qualified groups to get the vaccine than there are doses available. They are starting to open more mass vaccination sites. But bottom line, there is just not enough currently for all who want it and qualify.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
This isn’t going away, forever. Like the flu, there’s gonna be a Covid 19 shot available every fall forever.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Try https://massvax.maryland.gov/ and 1-855-MDG-OVAX. The webpage had lots of appts available last Friday, but usually has none available.

The phone number is hard to get through, but if you do, you get an appt at 6 Flags. CVS loaded their site with appointments last Friday. Got my shot there on Saturday.

I found the CVS appts available Friday online, but it would not let me sign up. Called my daughter in Calvert, she could sign me up, go figure.

I think very highly of Hogan, but this vaccine screwup eliminates his right to complain about all the federal covid screwups.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another thing about the Vaccines. I've read that they are not sure how long it lasts. I'm reading from as little as 90 days up to from 1- 3 years with no positive answers? Like other vaccines ,you can still catch the covid flu but with expected lower severity .

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I seen that Walmart in Denton Md. was giving the vaccine shots. We called, made appointments for Wife and I. They called us a week later to come in for the shot. We got the first one. Second one in March. Was easy down here. No side affects at all.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I really hope this isn’t invincible.

It’s essential that we have enough people vaccinated at the same time so that any remaining cases can’t be spread to anybody. Then it burns out.

It’s like fighting a fire with a garden hose or a big engine pumper. Just gotta’ throw enough at it.

Remember, this is the same FDA that approved all of the meds we take every day, and if you really want to be scared about something, look at those side effects versus these. How many include stroke, kidney problems and death versus fatigue, muscle ache & fever. But like your doctor will say, the risk is less than the condition.

If long term proof of safety is a concern, then we should throw out all the new and experimental medications that are constantly being developed every day, that save or extend lives, for Parkinsons, Diabetes, Cancer and who knows what else. That innovation and profit motivation is what separates us from countries like Canada where being run by the gov’t doesn’t inspire that.

The more vaccines available, the faster the reservations will go. Right now, just back logged. Persistence and patience are key.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Another thing about the Vaccines. I've read that they are not sure how long it lasts. I'm reading from as little as 90 days up to from 1- 3 years with no positive answers? Like other vaccines ,you can still catch the covid flu but with expected lower severity .
The big difference here is that flu vaccines are usually only about 50% effective. Here we are at 95% or so. Very valid point about how long they last and that's why the more people who get it and faster is essential.

The J&J vaccine shows lower numbers on the surface, but that's because it was tested against some of the variants where Pfizer and Moderna weren't. J&J was highly successful against the severe or critical cases.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Got my second shot Feb 8, no side effects. Saw 2 friends die of this, don't fool around both were great fishermen over 70.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
more people are hurting and dying because they can’t see their doctors for other reasons because of this virus and vaccine. It’s really sad.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts