Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read an article in the Pilot talking about Bill Dance's visit here last week catching Stripers and the two-part show he will be airing about the experience. I went to his website and it said he had so much fun and was so excited about his visit, the fishing, and the city and people, that he had to make a two part show. It should air in 4 to 6 weeks.

BAD NEWS! It's on the Outdoor Channel. That's a channel we COX slaves don't get. Our outdoor network, VS, shows people butting heads in a cage all evening, rather than good sportsman fishing and hunting shows.

I also went to the Outdoor Channel website and saw their programming. No insane fighting in a cage, all real natural sports shows.

I would like anyone and everyone to email COX and request this channel in their programming. The process is to go to Welcome to Cox.net. hit the "Contact Us" tab, and then send an email.:clap::clapping2::clap::clapping2::clap:

There is strength in numbers, so please help me to try to get a real sportsman network on COX! It would be nice to be able to sit down in the evening, sip a drink, and watch what we enjoy on TV. Sure as hell beats all the bad news channels and all the old reruns.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey all, Im a Field Service tech with Cox and i can tell you that our Gloucester System has this channel, so it is there and it shouldnt be subject to network contracts, and should be easy enough to obtain. all of our hampton roads systems have been under a major network upgrade to allow for more channels, arniep has the right idea, we have/will have the room for many many more channels within the next few months and the best way to let us know what our customer base wants to see is to email them and let them know, i will also do my best to surface this to the contacts that I have that could have any pull in this matter. and trust me, i'd love to see this channel just as much as the rest of you all.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Derek,

This is GREAT to hear. I had emailed Cox regarding carrying the Sportsman's Channel a while back in response to my becoming aware of a new show that just started this year and is done by a local guy in Chesapeake. There are several fishing shows on the Sportsmans' Channel that folks on this forum would enjoy. I hope to see it on Cox soon.

Phil, I did look in to a switch but Cox is the only game in town for Chesapeake...at least for now.

Jorge

·
Registered
250 Posts
Derek:

When do you think the upgrade in service will happen. I too am not too happy about the options avaiable in general and in HD compared to Verizon. I am very close to the decision and your input would be helpful.

Phil:
How do you like the verizon Service. It is hard to get a get review on the FIOS that isn't a commericial or has a vested interest.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Verizon Fios Is It!

We got Verizon Fios just over 1 year ago and love it. Beats any cable company like Cox or Comcast hands down. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association Virginia

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have Cox now and is still burns me up about the outdoor channel. That is all I watched with DirectTv but I asked Cox if they offered it a few months ago and got a no. Thanks for the comments about Verizon I am going to check in to that service. My cox bill keeps going up and I can't handle it anymore.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just checked with to see if I could receive Verizon Fios but it's not available where I live. Cox has me right where they want me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess everyone missed my message. Please call COX and ask them to add the channel. Not everyone has access to the new Verizon services. Please help!

·
Registered
151 Posts
First I'd like to say that loss of customers is something that I take very personally, our customer base affects directly my livelihood in many ways, so this issue is something that I certainly take to heart. I try to do what I can within my ability to ensure that our customers stay happy and recieve the level of service that they deserve and desire. In light of the recent posts, what I would like to see is to have everyone reply to this thread, maybe signed with a first and last name requesting this channel and the HD counterpart if you so desire, added to the Cox lineup. Sort of an online "petition" By doing this I will forward the link to this thread to those who have some control over our channel offerings. I hope this helps and maybe give you all some hope.

·
Registered
407 Posts
DALE DIVINE - OUTDOOR :yes: and SPORTSMAN :yes: Channels. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
We got Verizon Fios just over 1 year ago and love it. Beats any cable company like Cox or Comcast hands down. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association Virginia
Cox wasn't too bad until they had a problem with the cable in our area and started stringing it all over the place and three months later after picking it off the ground to cut the grass I got fed up and switched to DirectTV. Didn't know what I was missing! Pictures are so much clearer. Won't go back to cable if I can help it. Oh yeah, many more channels than cable also..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts