Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whee I can get parts for a Cox trlr? My rear cross is getting a little rusty. I have replaced some parts with Loadrite in the past. I live up in southern PA and thus hopefully could find someone near here.
Thanx
Dave

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Gotta luv those old Cox trailers, especially if you have the U-shaped cradle/roller model.

Tried unsuccessfully to get OEM parts when I still had mine, so your efforts may or may not go down the same trail.

Only these two thoughts from me, have a welding shop fabricate a rear cross, or get in touch with anyone who carries the "Long" brand trailers(if they're still being made). I believe they have a similar design and you might (that's a big MIGHT) be able to have a repair fab'd or fitted from one of their parts.

Pulling at straws here I know, so I wish you success.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long is still making great trailers. (252) 823-8104 Lots of parts available also. However, they didn't have anything to fit my Cox.

My Cox had some U type roller holders that the piece pivoted in a cradle. Piece broke and I scoured the local marinas to find the part with no success. Cox were made in Greenville, NC not far from me.

Ended up having a piece fabricated and it broke not very long after installation. Ended up cutting up the trailer and turning it into a Utility Trailer. Called Long and bought a new trailer from them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 1999 loadrite trailer I need to get rid of. It is a decent roller trailer with one hub blown at the spindle. The brakes are shot as well. I can let it go cheap. I am in Hampton Roads area of VA. let me know if you are interested!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys
Thanx for the info. My trlr is not like a Long trlr but more like a Loadrite. It doesn't have the U shape to hold the rollers. It has 2 cross members which support the roller ass'ys. It is the rear cross member which is shot from being dunked in salt water even though I hosed it down after every retrieve. The rear member was shaped with a slight bow in it.
The rest of the trlr is in fairly good shape as I have replaced many other parts such as axles, springs, etc. I used Loadrite part for these.

I have talked to some people wihout a lot of sucess. I'm going to a fabricator tomorrow so he can look at and give me a price. The problem is he wants me to take the boat off which could be a problem as I don't know to leave it.. There is a smalll lake nearby but I don't know if thsy will let me put it there during the repair work.

I'm looking to sell the boat (and trlr) in the near future and don't want to put a lot of money into it. I do however mant a job that is "right". I have even tried to find a used trlr but the ones I found cost almost as much as a new one.
To the guy in Hampton that is parting out the trlr, thnax but that is a long way from where I am in PA.
Also I haven't tried Daves trlr Yet.
thanx again for the info.
Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update
The fabricator will do it without removing te boat. Good news. Wil have it there MONDAY.
By the way I tried Daves with no sucess.
Again thanx.
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts