Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the latest news on coyote? have they caught any? Last I heard had person in trap[grin krunch

·
Registered
477 Posts
we have killed6 or 7 the last three years in fredericksburg area. My sister has one on her property I chased it down the driveway about two months ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ditto on the spotsylvania area..the farm behind my house has
shot 2 in the last 3yrs. heard one the other night baying out in
the field

·
Registered
309 Posts
Coyotes are everywhere, thats part of living in the countryside. They are smart buggers too and hard to kill. I gotta feeling Krunch's post is an inside joke with someone on here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
One was dead on the 95 south bound from Kings Dominion about 5 weeks ago then 2weeks after seeing it another one dead as that was a crossing I assume for them? (at the Cracker Barrell) Lay 10 feet from each other.

Seriously, and I am not making a joke, but I am missing one of my cats and I live in King and Queen, back of the Mattaponi. This would make sense. I have not thought of that. I had a skunk hanging around the field and house spraying my dogs and the neighbors down the way. He even was waiting for my child when she got off the bus in the field right beside the driveway. I thought maybe my kitty and the skunk had it out! Or those groundhogs of abundance that live in the farming field.

'Andrea

·
Registered
86 Posts
Why kill them? I can understand farmers wanting to keep them under control if they are in the chicken coop but what is the general dislike for these guys. I saw one the other day running up the neighbors driveway but I never thought to go grab the gun.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Why do you step on a cockroach, swat at a fly, etc.? On the farm I use to always carry a gun in the tractor. When running the tractor theywould pass right by you. First time you put it in park, or even let off the throttle....they would take off very quickly. Don't feel sorry for the coyote, they are smart buggers and will do just fine for themselves. There is one in Central Park (New York City), is that the one you are referring to Krunch?

By the way, yes it could have gotten your cat, but I would doubt it. Rabitts are a much easier meal. We had about 12 ducks at one time. One morning there were 10 left, next morning 6, next morning 3, next morning 1. You should have seen the look on that last ducks face. Next morning no ducks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
From a historical standpoint, Lewis and Clark did not see the first coyote until they were on the western side of the Mississippi. Makes you wonder what has enabled these critters to expand their range...

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a 100% gauuurrrrooonteeed way to extinguish coyotes I learned as a little boy back in Louisiana. But I'll only show you if you take me with you!

BTW it's lotsafun!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I remember a couple of years ago, Bath County had a bounty for coyotes in their budget. It got used up so fast that they appropriated the same amount again in the same year and it ran out. They are plentyful over in the mountains. It had to be only a matter of time before them found their way here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Coyote's" There's a bounty on them in Nottoway Co. $50.00 there are plenty to go around. Read your sports mag. They reproduce fast. their hearing and sight are much better than a turkey and their smell is unreal. They are here to stay..... Freddie

·
Registered
158 Posts
Shenandoah county resident here..I am telling you these are the smartest critters I have ever run across. Showed up here about 10 years ago.. One killed occasionally by deer hunter or hit by car..Then as you all are seeing two killed on this farm three killed on that farm..Well I am a novice trapper.. By no means an expert..But I do associate with some.. We use snares to catch most of our animals.. The snares have stops on them so if a non target animal is caught it can be released unharmed, neighbors cat,**** dogs...This years catch was 33 coyotes..That number is accomplished part-time trapping and working fulltime job.. Coyotes are very oppurtunistic..They need to eat...Up here they seem to show up where we have too many deer. It is my opinion that they need to be kept in check. Kill any or all you can.. Because your not going to have too many oppurtunities..They will decimate your deer herd and I just recently found two mature turkey gobblers dead..I blame the coyotes...just fyi take it as you may good luck,Donnie B........

1 - 20 of 59 Posts