Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Neither...On the same note are there any Red foxs over here, I have not seen a one and I spend alot of time in the woods. Maybe thats why there are so many rabbits and turkey over here.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Hmm.. I knew they had to be around. Cant figure out why I never see em'.

·
Registered
861 Posts
There were coyotes around Vienna 5 years ago. Saw one in the middle of a field while we were shooting sporting clays at The Woodlands. There have also been sitings here on Kent Island. Plenty of red foxes, although most of them get such a bad case of mange in the summer they don't have any hair left until the weather cools down.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The DNR have been introducing Coyotes to try and control the deer population. Of course we can remove them over here as fast as the DNR can introduce them. They are sorta like a big ground hog. A pain in the butt, but fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You sure about DNR introducing them?? Find that hard to believe, espcially since they devestate a fox population once they become established as breed like rabbits. Not too mention house pets and domestic livestock and fowl.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]Big Liar originally wrote:
The DNR have been introducing Coyotes to try and control the deer population. Of course we can remove them over here as fast as the DNR can introduce them. They are sorta like a big ground hog. A pain in the butt, but fun to shoot.
[/Q]

Hmm, does your screen name indicate your penchant for
spreading rumors[grin]

Bert

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Come on...you're joking right? The DNR is too bound up to control the mute swam problem, much less introduce a predator like the coyote....

Hopefully they will eat every fox they find...that should help out the quail. Fox eat more of them than yotes will..dang foxes!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Only repeating what I've been told and what I know. I know for sure that someone I know and trust shot two outside of Preston and what a DNR agent told me. I also know that last year there was also one living on the Tuckahoo Steam Show Grounds. My cousin is the caretaker there. He lived in Montana for quite a few year is definitely an outdoorsman. He told me about one he's seen up there and I believe him. You don't know me personally so I understand your doubts. If you choose not to believe me, no skin off my nose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont understand. What is so bad about a few coyotes running around. We all know the song bird and sea bird population is going down hill. Feral cats are a huge part of the problem. Coyotes eat em up. They will also eat up that goofie mini dog your mother in law owns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.