Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the boat on Rt #33 in St. Michaels that I offered to take pics for Seadog1. It's 18 ft.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
That's a cool boat. I like how they painted right over the cleats. Looks like a solid boat. If you could get a 50 hp on that thing for crabbing you would be doing pretty good.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I believe the price was $500 more a short time ago and he may take $2k. Josepepper is selling a Honda 50 with low hours. Good, inexpensive rig for someone looking to get going. Trailer is not in good cond.

Brandon - Please feel free to kill this thread ASAP. It's not my boat but I know it is a classified ad. Jim

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,154 Posts
Looks like a keeper to me!

If the entire hull is sound, it's a great platform for crabbing. No ribs to the deck to stumble on. Wide gunwales so the dipper doesn't have to lean over the side to stabilize himself. (Needs padded coaming for dipper's comfort.) Plenty deck space. Smooth ride in rough conditions. Plenty transom space for a kicker mount next to the primary motor.

I won't elaborate on the negative features which are minor.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Green Boat

A few more...

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Whoever purchases that boat should drill in some scuppers to make it self bailing. Would likely be a minor project assuming there is decent bilge access. That water sitting in the boat is foresight to what would happen when out on the water!!! Otherwise looks like a keeper for crabbing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Whoever purchases that boat should drill in some scuppers to make it self bailing. Would likely be a minor project assuming there is decent bilge access. That water sitting in the boat is foresight to what would happen when out on the water!!! Otherwise looks like a keeper for crabbing.
Well, there is one in the middle but it definitely looks like it could use one in each side corner.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
For that money I'd be tempted to part with my 19' bowrider with Garmin color combo and new Standard Horizon radio for $2500, $2000 without electronics.

Only thing wrong is one soft spot in the floor.

Runs good, fully winterized every year.

Chris

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The trailer is a joke, for display only... but the boat is a beaut.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It looks like they glassed over the old deck in one of the pictures you can see where the pedistal seat was mounted. Why would you glass over a rotten deck. I think I know who's phone number that is. If I'm right, I wouldn't buy it.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tough crowd. It's a completely new fiberglass deck - sectional material - and all new stringers. Complete "deck off" restoration. I don't know the owner but I know his name and will check him out. Local. I'm not vouching for the owner because I don't know him but I know people that will know him. It's a small town.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Dog
I would recommend that you Shop around,unless there is a major price reduction on that one,there are better deals to be had, that one is way overpriced & I agree with the others about the quality of the job

·
Registered
11,189 Posts
Your right BM,,,,The trailer is way to small for the boat
correct..a trailer that's too short that you can't get the bottom of the stern up to the end of the trailer will cause problems.With an outboard attached,it will be stern heavy.The biggest problem with too much weight in the stern is "fish tailing" down the road while trailering,without room to bring more weight forward your rig will sway back 7 forth,from side to side.This is what happenned to a jeep last summer while trailering back from crabbing on the Eastern shore.It flipped the jeep.:nono:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Rockfish, I find it hard to believe that boat was gutted and rebuilt. If you look in the 12th picture down about a foot in front of the console, you can see where there was a pedistal seat mounted to the original deck. That was probably where the original helm was, the deck was probably covered with carpet. And the decks were redone in 06 why does it already have rot in it, if it was totally rebuilt? Must have been some cheap plywood.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts