Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Good for them, great idea especially part of the basis is to avoid a sudden influx of those 800 licenses once the crabs have "recovered". Even without substantial regulation after this 200 million milestone is reached it will still be a struggling fishery and subject to collapse again if things aren't monitored.

Let's hope both MD and VA keep good restrictions in place to help that 200 million climb to 300 sson therafter. That's probably part of their "you have to wait 3 years after the 200 is reached" goal.

Chris

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
It's great to know that we have some smart, logical, decisive people in both states taking action. We have reason to be hopeful. The fact they realize that commercial activity will pick up dramatically when the crabs start rebounding is rather insightful. Taking preventative measures is brilliant. Love it; thanks for posting this Dennis

·
Registered
128 Posts
The roads are becoming too crowded. Maybe the state should see who has a VALID drivers license that hasn't owned a car or paid insurance for a few years(thus haven't been driving) and take their drivers license from them to lessen traffic/future traffic on the roads.

If you paid your license fees and everything was up to par, but, you just didn't use your license for a few years:confused:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
The roads are becoming too crowded. Maybe the state should see who has a VALID drivers license that hasn't owned a car or paid insurance for a few years(thus haven't been driving) and take their drivers license from them to lessen traffic/future traffic on the roads.

If you paid your license fees and everything was up to par, but, you just didn't use your license for a few years:confused:
I see your point but I see it as.. the State is doing everything possible not to shut down the fishery altogether before it collapses. It still may not rebound given the numbers. No pain, no gain. Most of us lived through a rockfish moratorium and have no regrets. Take your analogy to a more equivalent parallel. The roads will be beyond repair if we don't fix them now and we will have no roads to drive at all.. if we don't stop a percentage of people from driving on them long enough to repair them.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
There will always be the ones who can't see common sense through the dollar signs in their eyes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts