Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those who went to the crabfest they may have remembered at least one of these. The largest crab on this mount was entered for the largest crab contest. Beth and I joined other crabbers on the Gunpowder for the purpose of donating to the event and these two never made it to the steamer. They were 8 1/2" in length and since we don't usually see crabs like this we decided to mount them.

View attachment 12616

View attachment 12617

View attachment 12618

·
Registered
41 Posts
Never thought I'd be intrested in getting a crab mounted..... but what you got there is really sweet. Very nice!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Can we steam them now? LOL That is really a work of art. I would love to know where and how much like everyone else. Thank you for the GREAT pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I believe it is a guy called Tattoo, from the Bluecrab info. board. He is in New Jersey.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Awesome JB! Really nice. Tell us what you had to do in prep for the mount. I know you took them home from CF. What did you have to do prior to getting them to Tattoo?

Just curious. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
John, I had the pleasure of seeing those crabs alive at crabfest and they look great mounted! I know it's not cheap but it is a beautiful piece of furniture. I have over $15,000.00 worth of mounts in my home and still enjoy looking at them..............Gary

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When Beth and I got home from CF I placed each crab in its own bag and placed them in my deep freezer. When it was time to ship them I removed them from their bags and wrapped each crab with a lot of newspaper in an attempt to keep them as cold as possible. So that I didn't ruin them I shipped them overnight. When they arrived Tattoo called me. After that it was Tattoo's gift that made the mount look great. I seen some of his samples before and what I liked was the use of driftwood, muscles, clams and grass on a natural sandy bottom. Tattoo pulled it off using everything that I like.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Norm and everyone else interested.The day when we were out on the GP and netted these and a few other cousins of similar size we decided to make this trip special to us. I don't know what the final cost will be. As I said before, I seen some wall mounts on lids and plaques and even see them on a table mount using driftwood. I wanted something different. Using two crabs of this size I knew it had to be big. The demensions I gave Tattoo were approx. 18 inches wide x 12 inches deep x 15 inches high but at the same time I told him to scale it depending upon his vision. My last conversation was that I didn't want to ever regret that I should have made it bigger or with more effects. The price tag will be seen this weekend.

This mount will displayed in a old slant front glass store display cabinet to keep little hands and dust off of it.

One thing I do know is Tattoo discounts mounts for Bluecrab members.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all . TATTOO here , If anyone is interested in my crab mouts you can see some on my web site , go to bluecrab info and click on my name and at the bottom click on to my site . or you can call me a t 856-415-1354. if you get my ansering machine with my daughter on the message . leve me your name and number and i will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible . Thanks.

·
1,672 Posts
I tried to mount a crab once..ouch ..it still hurts and left a scar:eek::D

They look great John....

Tattoo..... welcome aboard!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tattoo

Welcome to Tidalfish.

I'll call you tomorrow to arrange pickup