Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend bought some vinyl covered crab pots a year or so ago from an ex state trooper who was making them on the side. They had a top door which you could swing open much like the bait door but would open up a third or so of the top to dump the crabs rather than having to squeeze the trap to open like an envelope as all others are made. I thought that was a great idea. No more shaking or distorting the pots to get the crabs out. I think the guy was in the Glen Burnie or Bowie area of Maryland but my friend has lost his name and number. Anybody know this guy or someone else that makes a pot like that, I sure would appreciate your letting me know. It's time to buy a new supply of pots and I would love to get some made like those. Thanks!:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rrr, Thanks for the offer. I am going to see if I can get some pictures of my neighbors pots and if we can work out the details I will e-mail them to you. Where are you located? What do you charge to make them? I am not sure exactly how many I might need. I think it will be a minimum of 8 and maybe as many as 16. I can get the vinyl ones here locally but I really want that flip top. I will be away for a week or so and should be able to get the pictures while I am gone. Let me hear from you asap on these questions and we'll see if we can't get the ball rolling. Thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rrr, Thanks for the offer. I am going to see if I can get some pictures of my neighbors pots and if we can work out the details I will e-mail them to you. Where are you located? What do you charge to make them? I am not sure exactly how many I might need. I think it will be a minimum of 8 and maybe as many as 16. I can get the vinyl ones here locally but I really want that flip top. I will be away for a week or so and should be able to get the pictures while I am gone. Let me hear from you asap on these questions and we'll see if we can't get the ball rolling. Thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about the double post but when I went to edit the reply it added a second message and dummy me can't figure out how to delete the extra message. If someone can tell how to delete I would appreciate it. I guess I need to start posting more so I can learn how. Thanks!:helpsmilie:

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
I can make that many. I am located in elkton maryland. However, I only have 10 red and I believe 10 blue. all with the flip door. I have some used ones that I am willing to sell. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like you and I are quite a ways apart. I am near Kinsale, VA. We may have a problem getting together. Unless I could find someone coming your way and could pick them up for me. What is your price on the new ones and can you post a picture. I am interested in that top door and bait door. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts