Tidal Fish Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Might as well get them while you can. I'll try for two bushels each time too. One for me and one for my buddy. Gas is too expensive and I live an hour away. Not going to limit my self.
I’m an hour away from my chosen crabbing grounds. My trips will cost approximately $125 thanks to the kid sniffer residing in DC. I won’t change anything I do or have done for the last twenty years. I will continue to harvest my legal quota of a shared resource.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
621 Posts
Might as well get them while you can. I'll try for two bushels each time too. One for me and one for my buddy. Gas is too expensive and I live an hour away. Not going to limit my self.
I intend on doing just that when they come in hot and heavy. I have a 160qt cooler that I can get them in on ice. I have lots of folks here that would take a couple dozen.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I don’t need a bushel of crabs. I used to be commercial. I see what is wasted. I could out catch most of you, if not all of you you guys have to appreciate what you have

We got a bushel, calling all friends

·
Registered
178 Posts
I intend on doing just that when they come in hot and heavy. I have a 160qt cooler that I can get them in on ice. I have lots of folks here that would take a couple dozen.
Remember back in the 60's when you could catch wheelbarrow loads of 12" rockfish, and give them out to the neighbors?..............................almost like deja vu.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like Recs account for somewhere between 8 and 11% of the total male harvest. Interesting article.

I don't understand why we are still harvesting females from the bay. Anyone have a good answer for that.

To me it seems like more females, more eggs=more crabs????

What's the difference between harvesting a sponge crab and a female thats going to sponge out in 2 weeks.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts