Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the folks with # 2 this weekend.

Crabbed Sat with c tpx baited with nx and perch. Low a.m. tide and then upcoming through out the afternoon.
Crabs were in 6-10 feet on average. Ended up with a basket and a half of decent crabs. Got some black crabs but also had whites still too. Gave some crabs away to the folks neighbors and steamed a nice batch too. I just love to catch em!
Wx was awesome and the water is really clearing up with vis 3 feet I guess.
The perch were hungry along with some blues and stripers.
Pea soup fog on Sunday morning!

I have a few more trips in me I think!

DB:cool2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
looks like fun Dave!! I spent all weekend in ice cold hockey arenas, watching my son get beat up by goons....he still had 5 points in two games though...and a seperated shoulder, and pulled groin for his troubles...haha. tough being a 9 year old hockey player. I'll betcha he wishes he was crabbing this weekend instead.

one more trip for me, and then its venison time....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice job Dave, surprised you guys caught anything wearing that Redskins Garb. Course after ths last few Ravens Game, I may be buying some of that myself.

Thanks,
Butch

·
Registered
282 Posts
DB,

Is that a Carolina Skiff your in? If you don't mind me asking what make and model. Looks like you have plenty of room and still a low enough gunnel for pulling traps.

Thanks John

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
Nice job Dave. I went fishing in OC this weekend and bought a dozen jumbos $59.00 ouch but big fat full ones.........ya gotta pay to play..........Gary

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all, we had fun. Things are looking like a repeat next weekend with #1 son this time.

They both seem to have things going on alternating weekends.

I try to work in the trips as much as possible.

Crabberlig.

That is a 1995 19ft CS total flat bottom with 35 HP Honda of the same year.
It has treated us well and I will not part with it I dont think. A new motor with remote steering is not far off though.

Ill take a few pics next time and post. She is nothing but a fishing/crabbing machine.
No Frills. Love it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dave,

Thanks for the info. Sure looks like you guys are having fun on it. I'll be looking at the CS 16' to 19' over the winter.

Thanks again, Crabberlig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts