Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started on the low incoming tide finished on the high. start time 5:45am ending 9:30am ran 5 to 7ft depths water temps 74-76 degrees. used my freshly baited trot line, trimmed with necks lot of drop offs-before you could scoop em....run counts 7,5,5,4,3,6,3,4,2,1,4,6,2,2,3,0,0,0. ended up pulling the lines after helping a fellow crabber towing him back to ramp with motor problem. enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Nice work Jim. How did you like running that line as opposed to traps. Little easier on an old guy!!:yes: You will have drop off with the water being so clear. Try running the line a little faster. I am taking a break as I have gone through 6 bushels and tired of eating them right now. Went fishing yesterday and we got 6 -30" rock fish. Having some lump crab cakes with the rock tonight. Good job helping out another crabber. We all end up like that at one point!!..............Gary

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Glad to see your post again. We had a similar day but took way longer to get a bushel. I keep forgetting to take a pen and paper to keep score like you do. Our pier has been slow too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts